Adjusting suspension

bpjones

Registered
In Jinkster's great Magnum Opus on suspension: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/89876-jinkster-attacks-suspension.html

I believe it reads that, the bike is suspended when adjusting the front or rear suspension and the suspension is at full extension...that is when you make the adjustments...when suspended?
Is that right? Seems problematic for the Stealer to go to that much trouble?

Also, what does Jinkster mean by clicks?
and set your compression damping (top screw) at 7 clicks out and your rebound damping (bottom screw) at 10 clicks out

I think he was talking about a "base" setting while being suspended. Some great info there, and also one of my problem areas...I would love to have some hands on help with my own suspension.

GEN II settings are going to be a little different acording to articles I've read on it.

I think he was talking about a "base" setting while being suspended. Some great info there, and also one of my problem areas...I would love to have some hands on help with my own suspension.

Same here. Anyone close by that can help a brother out?

GEN II settings are going to be a little different acording to articles I've read on it.

sorry folks...i know i've been mia for a bit but due to a certain pm?...here goes....

outlawbusa: there can be subtle difs from unit 2 unit let alone gen 2 gen...however....

Turbobusa2000: is correct....and the basic steps, procedures and corrective actions taken (ie: adjustments) outlined in this thread should due nicely with any sportbike with properly functioning suspension hardware.

CMA NOTE: However....HD Riders may not be able to get there from stock without a proper re-springing...but moves in the right direction will indeed help matters.

L8R...Bill :cool:

Back