i need some help please

lil charlie

Registered
Okay org masters, I need help. I have been rebuilding my bike after a spill on the left side and im trying to have it all finished by this weekend but im having electrical issues. I took my nose off to replace it. While it was off I added an HID kit and now my instrument cluster isn't working correctly. My gear indicator doesn't detested, my fI light is on, the coolant light is on, the oil pressure light is on, and the rpm light is always on even with the key out. I also added a speedo healer but it isn't calibrated yet. At first I thought the healer was causing it but I disconnected it and pouted the stock harness back together but no luck. So I took my dash back apart and unplugged the hid and all that did was make the light go out, go figuare right. Is there a plug behind the dash that im missing? Any ideas? O know it's not from tue wreck cuz it wasn't doing that after I for the mechanicals fixed. I rode it naked towork one day to make sure it was all working, she was cold without her close. I started my blue to see how it ran since all the lights were on but is seams to run just fine. Im going crazy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Check the connector under the left side inner plastics. Sometimes it is not fully engaged or has pins that are bent and not making full contact.

did you unplug the light or did you unplug the ballast. hid ballast to close to cluster will mess up your gauges i have mine mounted on the air tube as far away from gauges as possable. try removing ballasys and plugging gauge clustrt back in again.... stupid question.. the bike isnt in gear is it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ballasts unplugged and still not working. I unplugged the white connectoron the left side of the nose as its the plug that powers the lights and gauge still not working. It lights up but the speedo and tac don't register and the test of the dsh lights are constantly on. Im stumped
Posted via Mobile Device

My money was on the ballasts.

Did you unplug or change any other parts in a different area? under the tank?

Yes. I have been addons all kinds of stuff all at the same Time. Hid, speedo healer, brake light modular and yes I had the tank up a little. After unplugging the hid ballasts the ripping my sheild and dash apart to get to the harness with no luck I undid the brake light and the speedo healer, all with no luck. So then I got made and off came the mirrors and the entire nose, still not working so I thought I pinched the main harness under the tank so off it went, still not working. Now im just ready to walk away for then night when I figured why not just unplug the cluster to reset it and see what happens. I will be a son of a gun, that was all it needed. As soon as I plugged it back in it worked like a charm so I started putting it all back together checking it to make sure it still worked with each bolt I put back in. Got everything I took apart tonight back together and the dash is still working. Very weird but happy she's back together. Thanks for the help guys, I love this place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad it worked out for you! Must of been very frustrating! :beerchug:

I was so pissed....but its all better so im good now. I even checked it 1st thing this morning to make sure she was stil good to go. I would have crapped my pants if it wasn't.

Back