Need some help please

lil charlie

Registered
Im trying to pull the front sprocket cover so I can clean it. I was cleaning my chain and all lines of gook was coming out the front. I pulled the fairing and took the bolts out of the cover but its not coming off. It feels like there is a spring holding it in place. How do I get it off. Gen ii by the way?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1314461685151.jpg

If you have all the bolts, just give it a good tug. Do not touch the clutch lever.

Already took the clutch lever off. I marked it so I could put it back in the same place. I was afraid to pull too much and have a spring pop out on me. Thanks for the help

I got it. Thanks for the help guys. My poor baby had more gunk then I have ever seen... sooooo sorry girl. This is why you work on your own bike. I paid the dealer to do that not 500 miles ago. Gerrrrrr

Send me a pic of your shift linkage so I can make sure im putting mine back on correctly.

Bump. Still need a pic to make sure I put her back together right. Im 99% sure she is.

yeah i still need them. I just need a close up of where the shifter bolts to the splins (the front of the shift lever).

Let me know if this helps. You don't really have to have it lined up at a said spline you can rotate it around a bit as well as adjust shifter with threaded rod.

ee6cb803.jpg

I know theres room to play. I put it back right. Thanks for the pic Blanca. I don't care what Bots says about you, you're a good guy. I normally take pics before I go pulling stuff apart that I haven't done before but I was in a hurry trying to get it completed before the baby woke up. Thanks again bud.

Back