I need help with home AC

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
What's up guys? When I turned on the AC for the first time yesterday, I smelled something burning after a few minutes so I turned it off. What do I need? If any of you do this thing and can hook me up, please let me know. I'd like to get this taken cared of before it gets hot. Thanks. I appreciate it.
I have to leave in 5 minutes so I'll get back with you guys in about an hour or so.
Thanks again.

Something burning....hmmm....check inside your furnace and see if your fan is belt driven. Maybe you need a new belt or your blower is frozen. The only thing that actually operates inside your home is the blower unless you have a package unit. Give me specifics, photos.

Something burning....hmmm....check inside your furnace and see if your fan is belt driven. Maybe you need a new belt or your blower is frozen. The only thing that actually operates inside your home is the blower unless you have a package unit. Give me specifics, photos.

Thanks. Will do as soon as I get home.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you mean A/C or do you mean central heating? If you are talking about an A/C unit, it may be that your filters need cleaning.

Were you trying to heat up or cool off the house? If you were using the heat, sometimes when electric heaters aren't used for a long time, dust and all kinds of small things gets built up on top of the heater coils. When you turn it on, they get burnt off and you get that smell which should go away within a minute or two. Other than that, I'd probably take a peak inside it just to make sure nothing looks messed up just remember not to stick your hands in there unless you know what you're doing :p

Were you trying to heat up or cool off the house? If you were using the heat, sometimes when electric heaters aren't used for a long time, dust and all kinds of small things gets built up on top of the heater coils. When you turn it on, they get burnt off and you get that smell which should go away within a minute or two. Other than that, I'd probably take a peak inside it just to make sure nothing looks messed up just remember not to stick your hands in there unless you know what you're doing :p
I was trying to cool off the house.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back