I need advice!!!

let's not forget a business licence, probally a tax i.d. number. You should contact the City Hall in your town and they will be able to give you the info you require..........

+1 you need both of those along with permission to sell on the street.

Definitely contact the county health department, as you'll probably need a "Food Establishment License".

A permit to collect sales tax for your state will be necessary if sales tax is applicable on the items you're selling. This will also allow you to purchase your resale product tax exempt.

I'd recommend setting an appointment with a local C.P.A. He/she should be able to set everything up for you and ensure you're in compliance with whatever your state and local community requires.

Alternatively you could just wing it, then claim ignorance when local agencies show up wanting their cut. Sometimes that works.

Ditto on the CPA. A good one will be well worth the $300 or so bux just to have him give you list of all the things you need.

On the other hand, you can check the web sites of the city you're in, the state you're in, the county you're in, the health department of the city, county and state you're in and the fed gov't, ergo, the IRS. It gets a bit complex but, as I said, a CPA can help a great deal. It's a bit daunting but usually the payoff is worth it if you're smart and don't try to figure all of this out yourself.

Oh, and keep track of everything. Write down every check and ever deposit you make in your check register and keep every receipt.

Have fun!

--Wag--

Back