I need advice!!!

dreadkingbusa

Registered
I need advice from some people with business knowledge. I want to start a hot dog cart, what do I need to have beside the cart and location????

You should contact the county health department and ask them. They will be the ones who make or break ya.

Let's do an inventory...

1. Lots of money.

Yep...that about concludes the list... :beerchug: Are you thinking Hebrew National?

:laugh:

Good luck, bro, whatever your ambition. :beerchug:

kart.jpg

let's not forget a business licence, probally a tax i.d. number. You should contact the City Hall in your town and they will be able to give you the info you require..........

all of that stuff and of course figure out who and where you are going to get your supplies. You will also need beverages, chips, all the other things like napkins, plates/holders, probably some type of soap and cleaning supplies.

I know the guy that has one outside a buddy's bar makes a freakin killing but the carts are like 15-20K and have a sink included which is a law in NC. Check with the health department for sure, they probably have some rules that could impact your cart purchase.

And Scar, cool scoot, you just posting random images today :whistle:

Forget about the business license, it is not required by law, rather implied by the chamber of commerce.
You will need to deal directly with the Health Department and then you may need to look into an operating permit through County Zoning office if you want to be posted in one location all day.

Last edited:
Luck. You'll need luck. Best if you create your own.

See if you can get into the foot traffic areas of any major sporting events in your area without causing a ruckus. Even High School games.

Be clean. Obsessively so. Customers will not solicit your doggies if they perceive any uncleanliness.

Location, location, location!

Above all, have fun!

--Wag--

all above!

are you doing this as side job or full time?
do you do indoor or outdoor?
just a suggestion for location is auto dealerships!
we have two sisters coming every other week on saturday and do hot dogs for lunch at our dealership. they go to different dealers.
check with your local car dealers and see if you can get it set up.

good luck!

p/s:

don't forget the CHILLI!:thumbsup:

Full time, A cart with a sink and I can pull with the "GREEN MACHINE" aka Chevy suburba, thanks for the dealership idea never thought about. If people knew how great advice this forum has we probably would not be in a recession.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Full time, A cart with a sink and I can pull with the "GREEN MACHINE" aka Chevy suburba, thanks for the dealership idea never thought about. If people knew how great advice this forum has we probably would not be in a recession.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

and no charge either!:laugh:

good money in hot dogs... weird really... been good to the same hole in the ground for 20 years. any one of the owners cars is worth more then the hot dog building. :laugh:

Back