I made a big decision today

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Well, for two years I've been pecking away at the creation of a 475 pound Hayabusa Superbyke.....partly to honor the 80's superbike era and partly to own a 1300cc Supermoto! Being a dad, husband, homeowner, landlord, employee, bicyclist and motorcyclist, it's taken a lot longer to create a turnkey than I anticipated.
Having said that, I know a racer, high performance riding coach and amazing motorcycle mechanic, Brian. Since my black bad boy project is 97% complete, I asked Brian if he would be interested in finishing it up for me and his response was, "You've done all the design, all the parts procurement and assembly, what a cool project, I'd love to play a part in it".

SO, am I a whossie, am I weak, a quitter? I just don't have the "fiddle in the garage" time anymore and I want it done so I CAN RIDE IT!
What's left is s/s hoses, interface headlites/turnsignals/handlebar wiring with Busa wiring, liquids and "dial in" on his dyno.

I shoulda made this a poll but anyways, what do youall think? One thing for sure, I know I'll have a tite'nrite bike night special before Christmas, even though I didn't finish it myself! Doyle

P1020995.JPG

P1020993.JPG

001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

P1030381.JPG

IMG_0010.jpg

Come on Doyle. You have done more in your life then most men could ever dream of. Whossie ? I don't think so.

Robert

You just didn`t have the time, that easy enough....no doubt you are more than capable.
I have an old car that I have been buying parts for and plan to get it on the road in a couple years. If money allowed I would let someone else do the work for me (finding the right mechanic is important for sure!).

IMO

It's just about finished and you can almost see the end. You've come so far and to complete your project would be so satisfying to you. Take your time or go full blast if you want. Just finish it yourself.

Another vote in finish it yourself but if you want to ride her "yesterday" then have someone finish it for you asap.

SO, am I a whossie, am I weak, a quitter? I just don't have the "fiddle in the garage" time anymore and I want it done so I CAN RIDE IT!
What's left is s/s hoses, interface headlites/turnsignals/handlebar wiring with Busa wiring, liquids and "dial in" on his dyno.

I shoulda made this a poll but anyways, what do youall think? One thing for sure, I know I'll have a tite'nrite bike night special before Christmas, even though I didn't finish it myself! Doyle

Totaly nothing wrong with that. Life gets busy and sometimes you can't do everything you want. I have a similar issue with a 98 Camaro hot rod project, 95% finished but I can't seem to get in finished so it has just been sitting in the garage for....way too long.

I bet a 475lb busa will be way alot of fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. I've been riding mine for a couple of weeks without the fairings and the pipes. It's a totally different riding experience.

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Harry Callahan - Magnum Force

it's your ride, you've built/collected the parts/installed everything so far and there is nothing wrong with getting a capable individual to help you put the finishing touches on her...i think the more apt question is "are you going to regret not being able to say you did her 100 % yourself?" if you're happy with your decision and are just looking forward to having her done so you can ride, let Brian wrap the project up and wish yourself a Merry Christmas as you get on her and rip up the road...looking forward to seeing the pics no matter what path you choose :beerchug:

Thanks everybody, for your opinions. It's delivered to my friend Brian's laboratory like garage! Now that I think of it, after hoses and electrical interfacing, I'd be bringing it to him anyway for the mapping stuff, I actually feel a relief now. I just did a 40 mile bicycle ride and it felt good to just listen to music without other thoughts (I just did a kitchen remodel for the wife so a double release!). Doyle

Back