I have questions,maybe you have answers. George Floyd & Karma

I suppose so, I know if I was in that situation, I'd be hard pressed to justify shooting someone over it...they still could have got more boots on ground or maybe a Helo up to track along with a K-9, how far could the guy have gotten?
Unless cops are trained to let felons go if they resist arrest, it makes all the sense in the world to use deadly force to stop them. The guy could have been walking around for months before they caught him and a taser does function for that long before it needs to be recharged. Police are allowed to use deadly force in the situation I saw on video. Multiple felonies right in front of the cops and a danger to the police and the public.

Fortunately each time I was sent somewhere this sort of thing was a possibility, we had good rules of engagements (ROEs) to follow...cops have them too but obviously they need to be reviewed more often.

Cops should have bolo net guns...that would have stopped him...
I hear the bolo guns are not that effective and can be easily gotten out of in a few seconds. It might have provided enough time to draw their pistols. If people know cops probably won't shoot now, they'll just free themselves from the bolo and keep fighting. This is why cops are permitted to use deadly force. Some people don't give up and that alone makes them dangerous.

The police don't agree with you on the shooting. This was not done in accordance with the rules for good policing per the Atlanta PD. Note the shooter fired 3 shots and one hit a car waiting in line at the restaurant. Was putting an innocent live in danger worth stopping a drunk man who was out of his car and on foot? The shooter cop is getting his day in court to appease the constitution, that's the law. The way you worded that reflects a complete disregard for the rule of law buddy.
Atlanta law might be different than what I found online. I did a pretty thorough search. The salient issue is whether the cop felt he had to shoot to protect himself or the public. Shooting at that moment when there were vehicles with occupants flanking the scene was not a good choice.

'"Specifically, (the question is if) Officer Rolfe, whether or not he felt that Mr. Brooks, at the time, presented imminent harm of death or some serious physical injury," he said. "Or the alternative is whether or not he fired the shot simply to capture him or some other reason."
"If that shot was fired for some reason other than to save that officer's life or to prevent injury to him or others, then that shooting is not justified under the law."
'

And cops are calling in sick and not responding to calls in Atlanta and across this great nation of ours. Also quitting en masse. I support this counter-protest and it should make those who protested police brutality happy too. Glad I live far from any urban area.

Well, you finally hit on it..."If that shot was fired for some reason other than to save that officer's life or to prevent injury to him or others, then that shooting is not justified under the law." BINGO

BTW, your profile is empty. where are you?

Well, you finally hit on it..."If that shot was fired for some reason other than to save that officer's life or to prevent injury to him or others, then that shooting is not justified under the law." BINGO
That'll be up to the jury but good luck finding and impartial one with all the news.

BTW, your profile is empty. where are you?
HA! I'm not saying. I'm just waiting for all the police to quit so I can go fast as hell!

Just think of how fast we will be able to go now! No police! The blockwatch will need sportbike riders and they'll let us go if they can catch us!

I keep hearing conflicting reports on this. First I heard he was then I heard he wasn't.
Today the other cop (not the shooter) said he was not "turning anyone's witness". He said he would testify and would answer any questions honestly. I think by calling him their witness the prosecutor put a lot of pressure on the non-shooter cop to testify. It's interesting that he says he got a concussion and did not see what happened. He says he didn't even know the cop fired the shots. He jumped behind a car to try and figure out where the shots came from. So looks like the story is going to get more complicated.

Atlanta law might be different than what I found online. I did a pretty thorough search. The salient issue is whether the cop felt he had to shoot to protect himself or the public. Shooting at that moment when there were vehicles with occupants flanking the scene was not a good choice.

'"Specifically, (the question is if) Officer Rolfe, whether or not he felt that Mr. Brooks, at the time, presented imminent harm of death or some serious physical injury," he said. "Or the alternative is whether or not he fired the shot simply to capture him or some other reason."
"If that shot was fired for some reason other than to save that officer's life or to prevent injury to him or others, then that shooting is not justified under the law."
'
You are arguing with the Police chief and the prosecutor, not me. They all say this was not proper conduct. I frankly don't know.

That'll be up to the jury but good luck finding and impartial one with all the news.

HA! I'm not saying. I'm just waiting for all the police to quit so I can go fast as hell!

Just think of how fast we will be able to go now! No police! The blockwatch will need sportbike riders and they'll let us go if they can catch us!
Remember the drunks and drug addicts are thinking Yes! I can drive now no cops....

Just think of how fast we will be able to go now!
We supposedly already have a policy in place that has told cops that unless there is a felony in progress to not make stops/arrest. CV exposure was part of it. Then the retraction of funds to run the court systems because of the loss of economy and the risk of CV spread as before. I haven't tested this theory out yet.

Now we get this. Very convenient isn't it? Sometimes you just need to let the self cleaning oven run a few cycles before the chef pleads to turn off the ovens.

I received a ticket back in early March for speeding in the middle of nowhere La. I had a court date assigned at that time for June 23rd. I called to confirm that court date. Was told that they aren't holding courts for traffic at this time. I said well I have a scheduled date of the 23rd. She said the state would issue an automatic continuance and let me know when the date is. So that could be like "never" for all I know. So smelling blood in the water I called the DA for the Parish it was in. May we offer you an online drivers safety course in lieu of court? No thank you. I want a court date. Ummm well umm we can't hold courts as it is already so it may take us awhile. OK no problem.

I'll take the year 2025 for $200 Alex.

Can we please say, "you people?" You people is referring to any group of people, not necessarily because of their color.

I'm not so sure he was referring to you people out there with convection ovens.:laugh:
You people can be any race ,creed, or color, or sexual orientation, don’t read into things that aren’t there. That’s part of what’s going on right now, no proof except the voices in your head, not the whole story. Damn spell check. Conviction, my bad , now I’ll go start the oven.

I was told long ago to refrain from referring to people of the black community or any ethnic group as "you people" because that implies that they are not like you. Sometimes there is a group of people who fit the criterion and sometimes they are all of one ethnicity. I still try not to say it which is hard to do as a teacher, you often talk to a group of people and they might all be black or all something else. In the case of people in favor of defunding police, YOU PEOPLE is all colors. @busabobh you might have offended all people with convection ovens. :laugh:

I apologize to all owners of convection ovens, I’ll stick to conventional from now on. You people are not like me (your good luck). I reserve the right to use “you people” with out a PC clause after. If your offended, try to figure out why. We are all different colors here, we just don’t think alike, no matter of race.

I apologize to all owners of convection ovens, I’ll stick to conventional from now on. You people are not like me (your good luck). I reserve the right to use “you people” with out a PC clause after. If your offended, try to figure out why. We are all different colors here, we just don’t think alike, no matter of race.

Bravo!! Im offended that they are offended. So I expect special treatment now.
Different colors. Different common locations. Different politics. Different sexual orientations. etc etc etc. Harley Riders are YOU People to the Busa group. For effs sake. SOME people will always find a reason to be trying to call out someone that has absolutely no nefarious reason when they make a statement, comment or phrase.

And yeah we as a country are killing ourselves for it.

There are a lot of untrained people out there. That is ignorance on their part. When my son was little I kept my gun in a small gun case with a finger combo.

The 2nd amendment is to protect us from tyranny internal or external. Today the greatest threat is internal. Also if they took away guns the criminals would still have them. There would be a lot less deterrent to rob, attack you, or break in your house.

I had to take training when I purchased guns in California as well as an 8 hour course to get my CCW here in KY back in 2002 which included range shooting ( I took a 44 mag). I have spent many hours at ranges and other outdoor places.
Hi. I know there are to many people with guns that do not know how to use them. It be harder to get a one than it is. I train at least 3 times a week. I have my range in my back yard. I have taken a 36 hr course over 4 days. I fired 2500 rounds in that course. I fire about 5000 rounds a year. I also take lesions in shoot do not shoot. I have been shot at over 100 times. Hit 1 time. It is hard to know what your reaction will be. Unless you have been shot at. We got back from a hot LZ and we counted 90 holes going in to our bird. So I know what I will do. [ I will return fire]

I was told long ago to refrain from referring to people of the black community or any ethnic group as "you people" because that implies that they are not like you. Sometimes there is a group of people who fit the criterion and sometimes they are all of one ethnicity. I still try not to say it which is hard to do as a teacher, you often talk to a group of people and they might all be black or all something else. In the case of people in favor of defunding police, YOU PEOPLE is all colors. @busabobh you might have offended all people with convection ovens. :laugh:
You're a teacher :shocked:

Back