I have one of these coming in the mail .

c10

Registered
Factory pro shift Kit to go in on first oil change , and Ill put the 19 tooth sprocket on while in there . Will post a few pictures of the work .

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wondered how good these really are. I'm too broke to spend the money on something I don't know about. keep us informed !!

I always wondered how good these really are. I'm too broke to spend the money on something I don't know about. keep us informed !!

They work ! I have been installing them for years on ZX11's, ZRX'S . Nice part is the hayabusa is a cake walk compared to motor in frame ZX11 install .

I have run one for about 6000 miles now and there not too bad. Still have to be a little aggressive with the shifter but not as much as stock.

I was not a fan of running the 19 tooth up front.

How come ? May I ask your size/weight ? Two up riding / or racing ? For me Im 5 ' 1' 135 pounds bike should have zero issues since no two up riding ,no racing , just quicker than average tour rig for myself . My thoughts on the 19 is accurate speedo with no healer required ,extra 2 to 5 mpg at speed on freeway , and lower RPMs about 250 to 300 . Just where that very slight vibe comes in at 4300,4400 ( 78 mph true speed )

The 19 was good on highway cruising. Still had to make big adjustments with the speedo healer. Had to slip the clutch a lot more leaving from a stand still. I am 250 in weight. Bike made 300 HP.

Wow Big E . I can leave in 2nd with out slipping the clutch , and it does not mind . Like 1st on some of the other bikes I have owned . Still stock for me no power gains so what 165 to 170 rear wheel depending on dyno/day or fart in the wind lol . Ill have to report how the 19 works for a fly weight . :)

When you say healer changes/adjustments I guess the 19 did not correct it ? Reason I ask was my R6 was 16 / 48 stock . Put a 17 on and the speedo went to less than 1 mph off from GPS speed . That was a nice cheap mod . I thought the Haybusa might respond the same since the sensor picks up of the shaft like the R6 .

Shift star on left side of bike in the engine . Attaches to the shift drum that moves your shift forks . Revised shape improves shifting teamed with stiffer shift detent spring .

I didn't know that mine ever needed improvement ???

I'd say forgo the 19 tooth front and put a 190/55 tire on the back instead of a 190/50. Does a couple things for you. It is about equal to 1-1/2 teeth down on the rear sprocket, raise the ass end for a little bit more ground clearance and steepens the steering angle a bit to sharpen up the handling. All these changes are small but noticeable. Then if you decide you want to go to the drag strip you can just throw a bigger rear sprocket on it without pulling the fairing to put a smaller front on. My $.02 worth

Ride one with , and you will be ok I see the difference :)

Why are they FREE? I assume that because you have installed them before, you know what the benefits are and you think they are worth it.

Because my bike shifts fine I doubt that unless they were FREE I would think they are worth the money to improve it by just a little bit.
Now if you said it was Day and Night difference well then I might look into it farther - it would depend somewhat on what they cost, not to mention the motor work costs (seals, gaskets, oil etc).

Now I agree with the other poster about not changing your front sprocket - but that is your choice for sure.

I went with a (on a GEN I) 38 rear sprocket AND a 190/55 tire and it made my speedo perfect. At least it agrees with my Garmin 98% of the time, not 100% because the
Garmin can't change as fast as the Busa can change speeds. :laugh: But is it very accurate from what I can tell - however it took both changes for it to be accurate.
So while changing the front sprocket will more then likely get you closer I'm not sure it it will get you all the way to accurate. But I assume you will let us know which ever way you go
and what the outcome is.

I will be interested to see the images of your install. :thumbsup:

19 tooth gets torn up wen u make big power. stick with the 18. I guess if its stock power won't make much difference

In Topeka right now so post will be short due to phone response. Factory pro shift kit comes with gaskets .
Is a night day diffrence on a zrx or zx11 .
Not sure in busa though .
My little stock busa is not a drag bike.
I have bikes for that . my ride is just a fin do it all bike .
Tour 1 canyons 2 top speed 3 and drag 4. In that order .

What did you guys think of the front sprocket 19 on a stock engine with bolts on for 1/4 mile drag racing?
Thanks

Back