I HATE Ripoff artist !!!!

ResidentEvil

Registered
Soooooo, one of my friends had me take a look at her R1, just to look it over ,so we started to clean the bike up a bit,check the fluids, lights ,bolts, ect....and what do I see? Her chain ...OMG...What in the Heeze??? Her chain had ...count them 4 master links and 2 different chains ..The last person that worked on her bike said he replaced her chain with a NEW one and sprockets, charged her 200 bucks ...so wrong !!!!!!:banghead:

WoW, and I bet they were clip style master links too being 4 of them. Probably didn't even put in the o rings (assuming they even used an o or x ring chain)

Was it just worked on recently? A shop or private party?

NO they were pressed in, but 2 linked together and 2 in other places???? It was done 2 years ago by a so called Bike shop...in a storage type rental place ...:banghead:

That stinks...I hate to call sexual bias, but that's my first thought. I've experienced it my entire life when getting either cars or the Busa worked on. Shops love to see a gal walk in because they think they can pull one over on 'em, get a few extra bucks for crap work and we'll never know any different.

I always try to know exactly what I'm having done before I trust 'em to even start...usually though, I do as much work myself to avoid the entire situation. It's pretty degrading to have some guy stand in front of you and tell you "Oh, it's messed up because you aren't riding it correctly" Happened to me, true story...turns out it wasn't me, it was something with the Busa, but whatever :banghead:

Pink is taking on a whole new meaning

pink tank.jpg

GREED, you can only imagine some of the stuff I have seen over the years... It makes it bad for the guy with not a huge fancy place regardless of what he knows..

That stinks...I hate to call sexual bias, but that's my first thought. I've experienced it my entire life when getting either cars or the Busa worked on. Shops love to see a gal walk in because they think they can pull one over on 'em, get a few extra bucks for crap work and we'll never know any different.

I always try to know exactly what I'm having done before I trust 'em to even start...usually though, I do as much work myself to avoid the entire situation. It's pretty degrading to have some guy stand in front of you and tell you "Oh, it's messed up because you aren't riding it correctly" Happened to me, true story...turns out it wasn't me, it was something with the Busa, but whatever :banghead:

I have no doubt that women are targeted more often, but I could have written your post. Been taken too many times and do everything I can for myself because of it.

Unbelievable on the chain :banghead:

Back