I got the Flame Sliders on myself....

KoolKat

Registered
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the pointers....on how to install the flame sliders on the Busa. It definitely was scary for me (cutting the hole in the faring), one who works only on human (fractured) bodies LOL. But I took my time and did everything carefully and had it done within 3 1/2 hrs.
There is one thing though. If there is anyone out there that knows how you get "both" sliders to flash according to the direction your turning (using signal of course
biggrin.gif
), and after turning the signal off - allowing the sliders to remain off - without using any special additional switch (just placement of wires) = LET ME KNOW
devil.gif
That is the one thing I can't get it to do. I got the left working just the way I just described that I'm looking for but I can't get the right one to that. You get the 3 wires for each slider. 1 ground, and 2 wires. I used for the turn and 1 I don't where to put it. Why? Because the turn works but when you connect the 3 wire, which should be your constant it overpowers, so to speak, the flash at all times. My left didn't do that because I was able to connect the 2 wires (red&white) to 1 orange/green wire that did it all when you turn left, but there is no such wire for the right turn....So if there is anyone out there that has figured it out...by all means let me know... until then take a look and tell me what you think
super.gif

~KoolKat

MyBusa__6_.JPG

looks good but those edges around the holes look pretty jagged you should have used a drimmel , looks good though always scary when you havent drilled into your fairings before
beerchug.gif

oh i did....afterwards....
on that view that is the only screw, holding the fairing to ensure that it fits properly.  afterwards i took it back off and used the, what you call it?....dimmel/drimmel?... ;-)

<!--EDIT|KoolKat
Reason for Edit: "error"|1086639680 -->

last "night" shot...well, i hope you guys like it a bit...i know i sure do!!

P.S. And just to make some of you say damn!!!.... i was going to order some chrome parts next, but it will have to wait. The bike is barely 2 weeks old and someone tried to jack some parts just this last Thursday (Americans, in freakin' Germany!!!)....so Scorpion Alarm is actually next!

MyBusa__21_.JPG

Your bike looks good ... I really like those sliders and your gauge face. Good luck protecting your stuff ... it's gotta be hard to sleep when you know that somebody is after it.

The bike is barely 2 weeks old and someone tried to jack some parts just this last Thursday (Americans, in freakin' Germany!!!)....so Scorpion Alarm is actually next!
Was it the reflectors they were after? Seriously, the sliders look good and so do the gauges!

Looks great! I am confused as to what you are looking for in your wiring. If you look at the color of the wires for each turn signal at the back of the signal. You should be able to get them both to flash accordingly. Remember there are laws on flashing blue lights while riding. I only run mine at shows
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086650402 -->

where did you get the slidders? those are kinda pimp, wouldnt mind gettin a set for me.

Dude They look pretty damn cool. BUT and I Know this for a fact! If a LEO decides to be a bobo he's or She could nail your ass for the blue lights. A buddy of mine had the Blue and the first night he was runnin em' he got tagged. Two days later, only the second time he had been out with them at night, he got tagged again and this time got ticket...

So, it might be a good idea to put them bad boys on a switch, so at least you can kill them upon request... It's pretty dumb I think, but hell apparantly some LEO's have nothin better to do. You'll get hassled for Reds in that location as well...

Oh, on another note though, not only do they light up cool as hell. but they do a good job protecting plastics, Good and tough. My buddy with the blue ones went down at about 40, just a simple lowside but although the flamslider got pretty rashed up, his body work remained pretty unscathed.

Back