Small Emergency....How Do I install Flame Slider

KoolKat

Registered
Hey Guys,

I know some of you may have the "Flame" sliders. The question is what wires did you use and did you make it so that it flashes when you turn? I'm no electrician, made the cuts, got the left one to work, but can not find the right turn "constant". I can get it to flash, but not stay on steadily..... I know it's funny...but I need help!!!! LOL

<table style=filter:glow(color=Yellow)>KoolKat</table>

I grounded the black wire and wired the red and white one together instead of making it flash. Mine is hooked in with my strobes and LEDs on a remote switch for show use.

Spend the$2 on a test light that pokes the wires and lights up.I ran my left side to the wire harness and fed the right side across the tank and hooked into the same wires on the other slider.Use wire clips that clip onto the 2 wires you're putting together and crimp into them. Make the high or brighter lights the blinker(I forget which color).Don't let the wires lay on anything hot and get a good ground.

Hey Diesel,
I already had the left one taken care of. The black box that connects to gauge plate that has all the wires....I connected the left slider to the orange/green wire. No problem there...runs the entire time and when I turn left it flashes. The right one, if you connect it to the lime light green wire will flash if I turn right, but I can't get a constant wire that interrupts when I turn right. I already bought the electricity reader and all....that didn't help:( but I do have a question for you other than this....where did you get your chrome decals from? I'd definitely like to get my hands on those....! Thanks for any more input you can give!!!

This guy on ebay "bougwoug". Look up hayabusa decals, all kinds of colors, styles and cheap. They aren't the exact size as the $100+ factory decals (rapists!) but they're pretty damn close. As far as the sliders, I went into the main harness about where the slider is and found 1 wire for the r signal, 1 wire for the L signal and a seperate wire for the running lights. They should come on with the headlight, and blink a little brighter. Make sure you go to a wire that is only hot with the key on. Sorry I forgot the wire colors.

Back