I got Humped this morning

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
And I will say it didn't feel very good! I was comming home from work, and almost home when it happened. I decided to roll the throttle on very hard in 1st gear, & Gretchen accelerated so violently that her front wheel came up and sent me backwards only to have my lower back to be greeted by the top section of the Hump. Felt like I was punched in the back, and took me off guard.

The weather is getting colder here, and think the Busa is making a few extra HP, as I have done this same hard acceleration several times before, but this time it felt like she had more snort than normal. I was thinking since I weigh 210Lbs that I couldnt be thrown around like that, but man my lower back proves otherwise. Could it be that colder outside temps gives the Busa quite a bit more power?

smile.gif

yeah, seems to run better in cooler thiner air too for mine .... got 45mpg at cyclefest, get 30 around town here
wow.gif

Scientific reason: Cold air is much denser then warm air. Cooler, or cold air holds more oxygen per cubic foot. More oxygen in the intake “chargeâ€￾ yields more power developed in each combustion cycle. Thus, you’re getting more horsepower with the same or better fuel economy.
biggrin.gif

yeah, seems to run better in cooler thiner air too for mine .... got 45mpg at cyclefest, get 30 around town here[/QUOTE]

Cold air my azz, you were driving like a lil beyootch up in those mountains.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Wherez my Banner fool, I knew I should have given it to Todd !
mad.gif

Scientific reason: Cold air is much denser then warm air. Cooler, or cold air holds more oxygen per cubic foot. More oxygen in the intake “chargeâ€￾ yields more power developed in each combustion cycle. Thus, you’re getting more horsepower with the same or better fuel economy.
biggrin.gif
Yep, that's why turbos have intercoolers.

Hey that is what the SPEED HUMP is for to keep ya from flying off the back under the hard acceleration of the BUSA !!!!
cool.gif

I thought this was going to be a bad experience with a dog. It is getting cooler here as well and my baby is running so much better, never had her surprise me that bad thank God.

And I will say it didn't feel very good! I was comming home from work, and almost home when it happened. I decided to roll the throttle on very hard in 1st gear, & Gretchen accelerated so violently that her front wheel came up and sent me backwards only to have my lower back to be greeted by the top section of the Hump. Felt like I was punched in the back, and took me off guard.

The weather is getting colder here, and think the Busa is making a few extra HP, as I have done this same hard acceleration several times before, but this time it felt like she had more snort than normal. I was thinking since I weigh 210Lbs that I couldnt be thrown around like that, but man my lower back proves otherwise. Could it be that colder outside temps gives the Busa quite a bit more power?
Ow!
crazy.gif

I slammed the hump once super hard when I snapped into 2nd gear at about 11K rpm OUCH! but I still smiled ...
biggrin.gif

Yep, colder air is better. At least you didn't tell us you're powdering your nuts with Gold Bond like some of the weirdos on SH.org
jump9.gif

Back