Is my Clutch going?

Tango1300

Registered
Well I think my clutch might be letting go. This past weekend while riding 2-up, I experienced what felt like me clutching the levers under hard accel in 1st gear. It felt like a letting go, then a pop at it grabbed once more.

Today it did it again, but this time just riding myself. I have only noticed it in 1st gear during hard acceleration.

Any ideas? What is the best clutch to use...? Is there a slipper clutch that will reduce the back torque on a decel?

Thanks for the help guys!!

If it only does it in first gear you may have bent the shift fork and the gear is rounding off. Be careful, same thing happened to my 2nd gear. 2000 bucks and a month later its back to normal.

if the engine revs up while accelerating and you dont feel the bike pulling on acceleration.i would say clutch pack needs replacing.depending on miles and style of riding.hard launching and the likes.oem clutch works better than any aftermarket ive tried.bdeclutch mod works great for all out riding.if you race alot youll be replacing more often with the clutch mod.

(stlbusarider @ Jun. 06 2007,19:06) If it only does it in first gear you may have bent the shift fork and the gear is rounding off. Be careful, same thing happened to my 2nd gear. 2000 bucks and a month later its back to normal.
How can I check that or get into it to find out...? Just great!! Why couldn't this happen back in Feb when I couldn't ride!!!
rock.gif
!!??

Hate to say it but a clutch going away will be more noticeable in higher gears.

Back