can incorrect Air/Fuel adjustment

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
can incorrect Air/Fuel adjustment cause heavy acceleration hiccups?  I get random hiccups in second gear under HARD accelerations.  usually this is also after hard accel in 1st also.  it seems intermitant.  maybe happens more in warmer air?  I pin the throttle in first, and upshift around 10k into second with clutch, and pin the throttle again, and it can drop power briefly one to 5 times while RPMing up in 2nd.  3rd seems fine.  my shifting is consistant and strong but not destructively so.  it's only popped out of gear like once while in second, over a long while.  if I accel hard in first or second and let off, I do get some small back fire, not much, occasionally.... I'd say one in six rolloffs back fire pop very low level - barely audiable

thoughts?

oh and my riding buddy behind me thought it smelled like it was running very rich. I suppose compared to previous runs we've made

I think I would lean more toward the second gear problem rather than a fuel issue. IF it were fuel wouldn't you feel it in other gears as well? I am having a similiar issue with mine but it only happens in second. I believe my second shift fork is slightly bent and putting the gear right on the edge of popping out under certain conditions only. It also doesn't matter what map I have in the PCIII either so I know it's a tranny issue.

I took it to my dealer [who I don't think is the BEST busa tuner, but the closest] and they "tuned" it up. set the idle, replaced the spark plugs, synced throttle bodies [supposedly], yet I get it back and it still backfires a little? Other changes are going from Kawi Synth oil to Silkolene oil which is supposed to be even more slippery, but in my feel, it is no better or quieter than my previous synth oil. Also, the tune seemed to help as it pulls strong again and feel solid. They got SOMETHING right.

Boy, I sure hope it is not a gear problem. Had that fixed just last year after 34000 miles. Don't know why it would happen again so soon since I've not beat on it at the track at all and have not ridden near as much the last year. If it was GEARING, wouldn't it happen consistantly, and if it was slipping out, why would the power CUT OUT, as opposed to revving up high? It feels like someone kills the bike for a second, then back on full power again. Thanks for your input guys!

Hey if it feels like the power is cutting out, check the connections to the plugs/coils. mybe one or more of them are loose.

Back