I FOUND THE PROBLEM! NOW WHAT?

Hey let me know if I can help you out, if you need a ride to the shop or whatever.  Check your PM for my number.
Thanks MEGA-WATT, I saved your number!
thumb_up.gif

The threaded part of the plug may still come out w/out any problem if it was just a defective plug. It could have threaded in fine and just broke when it was tightened. Best case scenario I hope for you.... Otherwise the plot thickens quite a bit more and someone screwed up.

Hoping the best for you.
beerchug.gif

id be really pissed. id walk in and lets say aside from the bike you were in a turn when it the bikes engine died which in turn could have cost you your life. Id threaten a suit for that alone because of there negligence in noticng the plug breaking and putting everything back together could have cost you your life

There is no reason to replace the head. Being that the threads are still in the head, it should be easily removed with an ez out or a similar device. You can pick them up at Sears if you want to do it yourself. If you wait until the dealer looks at it, they should have something like that. Sounds like you really got shafted on this one man. Hope everything works out for ya. Keep us posted.

There is no reason to replace the head.  Being that the threads are still in the head, it should be easily removed with an ez out or a similar device.  You can pick them up at Sears if you want to do it yourself.  If you wait until the dealer looks at it, they should have something like that.  Sounds like you really got shafted on this one man.  Hope everything works out for ya.  Keep us posted.
There's some sound advice.

There is no reason to replace the head.  Being that the threads are still in the head, it should be easily removed with an ez out or a similar device.  You can pick them up at Sears if you want to do it yourself.  If you wait until the dealer looks at it, they should have something like that.  Sounds like you really got shafted on this one man.  Hope everything works out for ya.  Keep us posted.
You might not have any issue getting the threads out. I've been removing threads from Ford engines for the past 10 years. Same problem,.....crappy plugs. By now,.........you would think that Ford would have the problem fixed! NOT!!!!! Beware new Expedition owners!!

Dude, this is NO fix it yourself problem, too mant things to go wrong, and if it does, it needs to happen to THEM, not YOU, but hey, that,s just my opp.

You might not have any issue getting the threads out. I've been removing threads from Ford engines for the past 10 years. Same problem,.....crappy plugs. By now,.........you would think that Ford would have the problem fixed! NOT!!!!! Beware new Expedition owners!!
This is were you have to make the decision to take it back to the dealer or not. Really you should do what others have said and take some pics and put it back the way you found it. See what the dealer has to say. Most likely they will not take full responsibility for the mistake. They might take care of the motor because, well its not that hard to fix. The body work and anything else damaged on the other hand might be your loss in their opinion.

Second this is not a difficult thing to fix. It would probably take 5 minutes. Any schmuck with who can turn a wrench could get that out.

Aaron, glad you're ok....should'a called the Spud...where did you buy from ?. Put it back, keep the pics, let them snoop around, and THEN hammer'em WITH THE PICS....this wasn't Carter Powersports was it
rock.gif
?.....and if you come out of this okay and running, call me next time you need service. Won't charge you, I never do
coolold.gif
, and I'll walk you through EVERYTHING !!!!
super.gif

Nobody touches SpudleyBusa, 'cept da' Spud !!!
thumb_up.gif

PS...there's little chance anything more than light particulate ended up in the combustion chamber. The electrode and threads are of the same piece, then you have the tip / insulator / and contact post which is what's sticking out of your coil lead. Get'em to buy you new plastics....and never take it back to them again.......
super.gif

super.gif

Yea, every thing they said. I would be affraid that some metal from the sparkplug threads might have fell down in that cylinder...Hope all turns out well and good luck..

Back