I found the problem and its not looking cheap!!

KvHotDog4

Registered
So just a reminder, when anyone says you do not need extra fuel to run nitrous. Come look at these pics. I was told below a 60 shot you do not need additional fuel well I sprayed 30 and this is after 2 1/2 two pound bottles. I had a spray bar from the guy who sells them on this site, set up with 1 sprayer per intake.
IMAG0859.jpg
IMAG0860.jpg
IMAG0861.jpg
IMAG0862.jpg

It leaned out in the top of the rpm range and blew/melted a hole in the piston along with a huge gash in the cylinder wall. I will say this for the busa internals, 63,000 miles and everything except the 2 blown pistons looks really clean, there is not even a wear line in any of the cylinder walls. I may have had nitrous on my bike but in all honesty I was fairly easy on her. Most of my miles were with a bunch of cruisers on long trips.

IMAG0859.jpg

IMAG0860.jpg

IMAG0861.jpg

IMAG0862.jpg

So are you gonna rebuild it for nitrous, or just back to stock?

Trying for the 1441 kit but I want it to handle nitrous too. Go big or go home lol.

As far as who told me......in the nitrous threads i found mixed opinions on dry systems and what I gathered and was told from a couple ppl (can't remember how many or names) is this small of a shot will be fine. I am not trying to place blame,its my fault and now I have a good excuse to go 1441 :thumbsup:

Live and learn :banghead:

Trying for the 1441 kit but I want it to handle nitrous too. Go big or go home lol.

As far as who told me......in the nitrous threads i found mixed opinions on dry systems and what I gathered and was toldm from a couple ppl (can't remember how many or names) is this small of a shot will be fine. I am not trying to place blame,its my fault and now I have a good excuse to go 1441 :thumbsup:

Live and learn :banghead:

What about a stroker motor? Ive heard the big bores can be tempremental, just a thought.

Who ever told you the bike doesn't need added fuel for nitrous is smoking rocks

The internet is full of all kinds of information.
Some of it may be good, some of it is truly bad.
But remember one thing, most of this information is free
and usually, you will get what you pay for

Yeah Ive read a couple threads that say the same thing, maybe those guys were just lucky and had no problems. There is always gonna be mixed advice and reviews when it comes to things like this, just like you said all you can do is live and learn.

Ive heard the fogging airbox crowd say that, which I disagree with fully, but never heard anyone say the with a spray bar.

Whoever said that should be pointed out imho.

1441 a 1397 with a gen 2 crank. People run them on the street all the time

Like everyone else said, nitrous is just air, concentrated air at that. You've got to add fuel to match I don't care how small a shot you have. Dry systems are just asking for trouble since that's one system hoping another system does it's job.

Since you're either going to sleeve that cylinder block or replace it I'd go with the 1441 kit. End cost will likely be pretty similar.

Back