I found an '08 orange and black today....

apehog

Registered
I know that I've been planning to go to NC for a deal on an '08 OB, but if I can find something around here in Houston, then it only makes sense to try and do it here. The deal I found is this...a local dealer just took an '08 orange and black in on trade..the bike appears to have been gently low-sided on the right side. There are no cracks on the fairing, just road rash. The fairing also doesn't seem to have been pushed into the engine case and the brake lever is undamaged except for a scrape.

Also, the after market exhaust can on the right has a slight dent in it at the end. On the left side, the bike was apparently the victim of a side stand drop as the clutch lever end is snapped off while fairing damage is minimal and appears to coincide with that type of drop.

Finally, the bike has 10800 miles on it. It starts right up and sounds good. I have neither rode it yet, nor talked to the previous onwer, but have made my intentions known regarding both.

The dealer says that he has to put a new back tire on it...What's a good price on something like this? I'm thinking something around $8000 as is.
Maybe, I should look elsewhere and leave this deal alone. Opinions please.

i would go for smth without any scratches or dents
thats my opinion,but if you dont mind all that then its your choice :whistle:

Thx John, I'm just trying to save some money on a bike, fairings can be bought off ebay to replace the bad ones as u know...

yeah i know you can get GREAT deals off ebay,but make sure you cost everything thats damaged on the used one that you saw and then add it up and if its a REAL bargain then go for it,but if fixing the scratched/dented parts will cost more and put you through hell to fix it then id wait for a REAL bargain
thing is im not sure if you can find a lot of used K8 busas in the states
can u?

The deals are there if you look. The same dealer has a black '08 with 139 miles on it...He wants 10700 for it, but would take less....don't know how much less tho.

Folks paid 10.7K when they first came out, I didn't, I paid more last December -but they were 9999.00 a few months ago here in N Florida. '09s are getting ready to come out, I'm surprized at the high price you were quoted. ???

thats why i was surprised,if your gonna get 10k quotes then dig deeper and get a nice fresh K9 busa (black of course) :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

You can buy a O/B 08 in Okeechobee city for 10,800 otd and maybe less at ARS Powersports.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did'nt give but 10,900 for my 09.

The few '09's that I saw in Houston (only from one dealer) were at msrp. I was really wondering what some more of you guys think about the scraped up one....does it sound like something I should walk away from? I've seen some posts with similar situations. BTW...it's getting late here and still no call from the previous owner...was hoping to hear something from him by now.

IMO you would be better off buying an 09 or the 08 black if he will come down off the price a bit. You will easily spend the extra money just replacing the plastics. I was watching for plastics on ebay a while back and the norm that I was finding was about $50-$100 less than I paid for new plastics from MR Cycles. The plastics that I was finding on ebay were used and had minor scratches, which to me does not make up the difference in buying the new ones. It is your choice, but if it were me I would find another one.

If the dealer is going to repair it and let you have it for 8k, then fine. Otherwise keep it moving. Bought my '08 used for 8k with a full exhaust and other things I could ill afford. You are in the right season to find a deal, just chill and remain observant.

The few '09's that I saw in Houston (only from one dealer) were at msrp. I was really wondering what some more of you guys think about the scraped up one....does it sound like something I should walk away from? I've seen some posts with similar situations. BTW...it's getting late here and still no call from the previous owner...was hoping to hear something from him by now.

Call Keith @ rockingham sportcycles in NC., He has 08's all colors for 9900 bucks and 09's for 10900. tell him Brian said call. (910)-582-4528 ask for Keith.

I know that I've been planning to go to NC for a deal on an '08 OB, but if I can find something around here in Houston, then it only makes sense to try and do it here. The deal I found is this...a local dealer just took an '08 orange and black in on trade..the bike appears to have been gently low-sided on the right side. There are no cracks on the fairing, just road rash. The fairing also doesn't seem to have been pushed into the engine case and the brake lever is undamaged except for a scrape.

Also, the after market exhaust can on the right has a slight dent in it at the end. On the left side, the bike was apparently the victim of a side stand drop as the clutch lever end is snapped off while fairing damage is minimal and appears to coincide with that type of drop.

Finally, the bike has 10800 miles on it. It starts right up and sounds good. I have neither rode it yet, nor talked to the previous onwer, but have made my intentions known regarding both.

The dealer says that he has to put a new back tire on it...What's a good price on something like this? I'm thinking something around $8000 as is.
Maybe, I should look elsewhere and leave this deal alone. Opinions please.

I wouldn't buy the used one and put more money into than a new one with no miles and no wreck cost. You'll never really know what surprises might be in store for you. Sounds dogged out to me.

Check this thread on prices for new Hayabusa's: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-...44-best-price-new-08-09-a-15.html#post1807120

I don't see this as a good deal at $8000 for a K8 that's obviously been down AND has 10,000 miles on it AND may have unseen damage from the drops. The reason it doesn't look all that great is that for $2,500 (at most) you can get a new K8 (0 miles, no drops, no questions, full warranty).

There are dealers offering quotes for new K8's for well under $10,000 and the buyers have all the leverage right now for the following reasons:
1) Motorcycle sales are down
2) Economy sucks
3) Credit is more difficult to get for purchase
4) 2009's are already out, dealers want to clear the K8's
5) Riding season is months away, buyers are few

I would recommend to look for a good deal on a new K8 or a much better deal on a used one.

Best of luck!

Check this thread on prices for new Hayabusa's: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-...44-best-price-new-08-09-a-15.html#post1807120

I don't see this as a good deal at $8000 for a K8 that's obviously been down AND has 10,000 miles on it AND may have unseen damage from the drops. The reason it doesn't look all that great is that for $2,500 (at most) you can get a new K8 (0 miles, no drops, no questions, full warranty).

There are dealers offering quotes for new K8's for well under $10,000 and the buyers have all the leverage right now for the following reasons:
1) Motorcycle sales are down
2) Economy sucks
3) Credit is more difficult to get for purchase
4) 2009's are already out, dealers want to clear the K8's
5) Riding season is months away, buyers are few

I would recommend to look for a good deal on a new K8 or a much better deal on a used one.

Best of luck!

I agree. I'm looking forward to testing out our theories after New Year's day. I'm thinking throw the random Christmas gift purchase out of the equation as well. Plus I'm not paying an entire year of property tax for the privilege of owning something a few weeks earlier.

Back