I finally got HDTV!

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
After buying my HDTV 2 years ago from a kid that couldnt pay his rent, super deal, I finally got an HD box to go with it. I dont like change, see my blackberry thread:laugh:.
Anyway, the HD Theatre channel has a ton of great shows, i didnt realize what i was missing.
So for all you seasoned HD viewers, what shows do you reccomend? I recall Blanca had some Aisle of Man TT on a while back, Im on the look out for it now.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I don't know how they did it during the Middle Ages, I couldn't live without my HD/DVR set up!

I havent watched a normal channel since i got it a few days ago:thumbsup:

So true !
I'd rather watch nothing on HD than something on regular TV.
Once you see it you just can't stand to watch the old blurry stuff.

HD theater is an excellent channel.
Check to see if you get channels 560-567.
You got a few good channels there as well.
567-Paladium , plays all kinds of concerts from all kinds of genres.
565-The Smithsonian channel, excellent documentary and history programs.
561-HD Net movies, Blade Runner starts at 8:15.
101- three quarters of the time there are concerts of all kinds and sometimes they have roundtable discussions with musical stars.
The thing is that with some of the newer channels like HD theater and the ones I list above the programs are actually filmed in high def with high def cams. You'll notice the diff when you watch TNT HD and see a program that wasn't filmed in HD but has been upscaled and is being broadcast in HD.
Also HD net broadcasts their programming in 1080P whereas most channels broadcast in 1080i or 720P which are still high def formats but not as 'clean' as 1080P.
Twist the Throttle is on HD theater. They now have a show called 'Cafe Racer' which is also on same channel. Cool show about folks building retro cafe style bikes sorta like a British race bike from the fifties. The Bostrom bros are on frequently testing and riding some of them for the makers.

Then you also get like 20-30 other HD channels.
Now that you have a box your getting Speedvision in HD, CNN and Fox news in HD.

And let's not forget how fun gaming is with HD! And football!

45 auto 011.jpg

I don't know how they did it during the Middle Ages, I couldn't live without my HD/DVR set up!

Theres always something new out there and then we say the same quote, "how did I live without it"

I was at the local store looking at the tvs, and they had a 3D tv set up for people to watch. So I tested, wow, really nice stuff, cant wait to get one. Picture was nice and I bet that will look even better with the lights dim a lil bit.:laugh:

Theres always something new out there and then we say the same quote, "how did I live without it"

I was at the local store looking at the tvs, and they had a 3D tv set up for people to watch. So I tested, wow, really nice stuff, cant wait to get one. Picture was nice and I bet that will look even better with the lights dim a lil bit.:laugh:

That's so true, I was watching a movie from the 80's last night and the technology was so silly! A cell phone looked like a car battery.
Having said that however, some things lend themselves to keeping and improving....perfect example is my GenI Busa, I'm so happy that I've kept it for 5 years and slowly improved it with superior parts. Many times I've almost pulled the trigger on a Ducati, KTM, GenII Busa, etc., but I haven't and am so satisfied with HAYBUS. Maybe some day but not for a few more years!
Doyle

Back