Anyone Have Any Experience With Kodi Tv?

bigoltool

Registered
Football season is now upon me and my Seahawks preseason games are all being broadcast on our local Fox affiliate, who just happens to be in a dispute with my TV provider DN! So after much hair pulling and getting nowhere with the "Customer Service" stooges at DN. I attempted to install my own OTA antenna. I did a lot of research and bough the best tool I could find for the job. Unfortunately I live next to a large stand of trees and the only Seattle Channels I picked up were in the VHF realm and wouldn't you know it the Fox station is UHF. So back to Amazon with that option. Though I may explore this further in the future.

Then I just happened to be on the phone with Crutchfield, who I bought my TV from and the guy was telling me to get a "G-Box"(Amazon has tons of them!) or something similar running KODI and just stream anything I wanted to that. I looked into it a bit and actually installed KODI on my Tablet. But its a dinosaur and not really up to streaming HD tv.

Anybody ever tried KODI? Got any pointers for a noob just trying to get started?

https://kodi.tv/

install kodi on a decent laptop. hook said laptop to tv enjoy. Yes i have a lot of experience with kodi.

Can buy a box with Kodi 16.1 and other goodies pre-installed for about $100. Also there is a way to put it on an Amazon TV Fire Stick and use that. Runs around $40.

I have it on fire stick, plugs right into HDMI on the back of the TV much like Chromecast.

as cap said ....kodi is free though. I wouldn't buy anything. It runs great from any laptop. You can put on firestick just requires a little more IT "knowhow" so to speak. Hardest part about Kodi is finding and getting the good "channels" :) I do have kodi on a few firestick and on a laptop and my main media center i custom built for the living room. You will need a decent internet connection. Does not play well with DSL

I have Kodi Running on my PC (don't have a laptop) right now. I have fast Internet and 802.11AC router and card on my PC. So that should be fine. My old Android tablet was just too slow. I have installed Phoenix and found a few streams that work. Just need to find a way to find my local Seattle Fox Affiliate. If I have to I will move my PC over by the TV to watch a game. I have a 2M HDMI cable. Any preferred add on's to help in this regard?

youtube exedous install kodi that works well for movies. Also Easy Advanced Settings (will let you change buffer speed which really helps with live steam). I bought the Nvidia Shield TV for like $150. Comes with a xbox looking controller and allows you to play android games and stuff. Also, at least at the time, was the only option available of the G-boxes that could stream 4k video.

For an all inclusive setup youtube install The Beast Kodi. Found a bunch of stuff on there. Even NFL Redzone.

I install on firesticks takes probably 7 mins. I have Kodi installed directly to one of my smart tv's also. You can install on any smart tv with an android app link ie. Sony Bravia. Smart TVs such as Visios without it won't work so you'll still need an external device like the firestick, android mini, laptop. Installation on any of these including the tv is simple. I prefer the new pheonix add on for movies, sports, tv shows.

Im also running a leaf antenna from Walmart with a 60 mile range. Im picking up 30 to 50 channels depending where I place the antenna.

With that being said I cut my cable bill substantially. Internet and netflix. Really could axe the netflix if I really wanted to save a few dollars more.

Anyone know how to get any NFL game without DirecTv Sunday Ticket?
We had DirecTv with Sunday ticket, but moved over a year ago. Too many huge trees here, and no DirecTv signal.
They let us out of our contract, and Comcast was our only option.
Comcast is good, but we can't get many of the Cowboy's games in Virginia(because they suck, the Cowboys)
My wife's favorite team, I can't tolerate them til they get rid of Romo.
Thanks for any help.

Six get a firestick/box, nvidia shield tv, or just any laptop that can connect to tv. Install kodi that this thread is all about and then one of the things within phoenix nfl is in there. Watched a few eagles games last year that way.

Side note almost didn't want to help since you needed to see Cowboys but then saw you said they sucked so I was OK with it lol.

Six get a firestick/box, nvidia shield tv, or just any laptop that can connect to tv. Install kodi that this thread is all about and then one of the things within phoenix nfl is in there. Watched a few eagles games last year that way.

Side note almost didn't want to help since you needed to see Cowboys but then saw you said they sucked so I was OK with it lol.

Thank you sir,
I was reading the threads, but was unsure of the details.
It is the Cowboys after all, I didn't want to put too much effort into it.

Lol. Yea just do a few youtube searches and someone guides you do install the streams to get what you want. Only thing that I haven't found out how to do easy was NHL games.

I have a smart tv too.
I looked at the Kodi site and found nothing NFL related.
It looks like a Netflix hack.
I searched in vain last season, and everything is NFL copyrighted.
The NFL really sucks that they broadcast live games on the networks...but it takes an act of congress to watch a game live online.

Anyone have any more details?
I'm not buying any equipment either.

Lol. Yea just do a few youtube searches and someone guides you do install the streams to get what you want. Only thing that I haven't found out how to do easy was NHL games.

Tried Youtube last season.
No luck with anything.
Scams, black screens, and the greedy bastards at the NFL...that will let you watch ANY game, live...the next day, WTF.
DirecTv Sunday ticket has a monopoly.

I guess I'm not explaining it good. But you search youtube for how to install a stream to kodi to watch nfl. For instance

Six kodi doesnt give 2 sheets about copyright laws or anything else. youtube it or google it further. You can get live games and it isnt all that hard. I have new movies as soon as they hit the theaters sometimes before. No need to buy anything. Kodi is free and works off laptop or any other device basically.

kodi's official stance is not to use add-ons that get you stuff that is considered illegal. They don't allow people to discuss the stuff on their official forum. However.....

google is definately your friend on this one. I would never buy anything though. Its a waste when its free. Though i can see the benefit to having one set for you and you just plop it. I dumped my cable company a while back once i got kodi all set up and havent looked back.

Back