FINALLY got my bike back

Scott, my brother, I owe you big time.  I cant thank you enough for helping me out.

Sorry for the long post but everyone should know not to use XXX for anything.
as I've said before Sam-woulda done it for anyone anyway, hate to see folks run their business this way n expect that they should still be trusted?!?! wtf indeed.

I will say this-I have spoken with the owner/operator of XXX (kevin) and by no means do I think him to be a thief or a con-artist....a guy with too much on his plate? perhaps...a shop owner who gets in over his head n cant handle everything, but doesnt have the employee base to back him up? probably...a guy who loves bikes and working on them? absolutely.

I have walked thru his shop, n I wont say its a million-dollar palace but it def. gets the job done for his business; he showed me many pictures of past bikes that he has done and they looked pretty spectacular, IMO-and I honestly think chrome altogether is just plain silly on a moving vehicle, period-keep that in mind...I hope that in the future kevin keeps better communication with his customers, whether they spend $50 or $5,000, it shouldn't matter.

all niceties aside-I think Kevin is an ok guy...just bit off more than he could chew, n wont own up to it cuz he's too busy chasing paper-I grew up around too many broke folks to hate on a guy who's obviously tryin to hustle...he just runs game I personally think is a lil lazy n too laid back...
+1000 on that D...and coming from you, I absolutely think you are right on the target here. I certainly dont think that anything was done intentionally, as you stated, most take on more than they can handle. And for that, I will refrain from dogging him. I know how it can be like it was in sams shoes. I once sent a bunc of Hardly parts out to a company in rhode island, I was getting the run around too... I mysteriously showed up at the chrome shop and basically chewed him a new azz in front of everyone. He gauranteed me to have my wheels done the next day! He did...
I disagree. They intentionally blew me off for months on end. Intentionally ignored my calls and emails and intentionally kept taking on and finishing new projects vefore finishing mine. And for the record, I was a paying customer so there BS about "paying customers" come first doesn't fly for me. Granted, I only paid a fraction but I paid all the same.

I understand about needing to pay the bills, but if you are going to self-promote yourself then that's what you should do! Using this as a way to bring in more customers means that you are going to do the best job you can from customer service to quality of work. Haven't seen any other pics, but customer service was certainly out the window!

Oh wait, I guess they did do some self-promotion to the negative.

This can go on and on but all in all the bikes back Sam was able to vent and now hes going to show us that Pretty Blue Chromed out bike RIGHT SAM like Big D said we,us at the ORG want pics brother and believe in me i wouldnt chrome anything with them because of your case cant turn on another brother good work or not their are plenty more chromers out there willing to do the same job at the same price maybe more or less but still get it done NOW SHOW US PICS
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

sent you a email Brendan-some stuff I just dont wana be airing to the whole board, ya feel me?
beerchug.gif

and Sam-you will be bombarded with pms and emails for the next four months if ya dont post some big pics of the work soon brah, remember how crazy tha natives got waitn on me with Rev's paint??
guns.gif

i was waitn for the death-threats n anthrax-lettrs to show up after week two!

like folks said bro-the job is done, the truth is known, let the masses judge for themselves if the work is worth waiting 6 months or MORE for...shud be up the consumer to make the choice for good OR crappy service...

i would like to add...to ALL sponsors here and at EBC, and BUSANATION too...if you f**k off on your work and your shop is near Milwaukee, WI, i gauran-f**kn-tee you WILL be seeing me at doorstep.
point-blank: Im big enough and stupid enough to get the end result Im after, NO MATTER WHAT YOU GOT BEHIND THE COUNTER.
stay on tha up-n-up, and keep me outta your hair.
firedevil.gif
Damn BigD did the man treaten you or what Buddy? No need to make treats man We all know you are one big MF! LOL! Infact you probably have a wallet that say BAD MF on it don't you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

WOW what a story..

Glad you got it worked out..
bowdown.gif

Way to step up and help out a brother out.. Scott you are aces..
thumb_up.gif

Sam
that sucks bad. I remember the contest. Glad you won, but damn didn't think you would have to go thru all that. The bike looks good from what I can see. Now that you have it enjoy it and put the past behind ya. Post up some pics when you have it all back together. Again congrats on winning you have a good look'n ride bro.
thumb_up.gif

sent you a email Brendan-some stuff I just dont wana be airing to the whole board, ya feel me?
beerchug.gif

and Sam-you will be bombarded with pms and emails for the next four months if ya dont post some big pics of the work soon brah, remember how crazy tha natives got waitn on me with Rev's paint??
guns.gif

i was waitn for the death-threats n anthrax-lettrs to show up after week two!

like folks said bro-the job is done, the truth is known, let the masses judge for themselves if the work is worth waiting 6 months or MORE for...shud be up the consumer to make the choice for good OR crappy service...

i would like to add...to ALL sponsors here and at EBC, and BUSANATION too...if you f**k off on your work and your shop is near Milwaukee, WI, i gauran-f**kn-tee you WILL be seeing me at doorstep.
point-blank: Im big enough and stupid enough to get the end result Im after, NO MATTER WHAT YOU GOT BEHIND THE COUNTER.
stay on tha up-n-up, and keep me outta your hair.
firedevil.gif
Damn BigD did the man treaten you or what Buddy? No need to make treats man We all know you are one big MF!  LOL!  Infact you probably have a wallet that say BAD MF on it don't you  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
usually when i walk in a store/shop thats the first thing the guy at the counter does after they see me man-just speakin fact here. I dont run around in a Punisher costume with Terminator sunglasses on either, i dress friggin normal...but nevr been treatd that way.
so??? Im sick of hearing these stories on the boards where guys r getn ROYALLY screwd over by shops, then the shop nevr even says sorry or tries in ANY way to make up for LYING and promising things they couldnt make good on...peeps out there look at me like Im about to do sum'tin, but IMO only guilty-folk worry about getn popped, so karma will find those that need to be exposed n reciprocate the garbage they dish out.
whistling.gif

laugh.gif

oh yea, Sam-if you wana thank me bro, you can hook me up for tha ultra-expensive TRAILER HITCH PIN i had to go buy
guns.gif

you retard, lol
beerchug.gif

oh yea, Sam-if you wana thank me bro, you can hook me up for tha ultra-expensive TRAILER HITCH PIN i had to go buy
guns.gif

you retard, lol
beerchug.gif
whistling.gif
whistling.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry about that bro. I plan on making it right w/ ya.

I honestly believe that if Scott hadn't been up there knocking on there door, my bike still wouldn't be finished.

whistling.gif

at least you have your bike back in one piece and it looks great.
beerchug.gif

Custom job could be delayed, everyone running their own business knows that. Their problem is bad communication.

Went and picked up my bike this morning from BigDiesel's house(another 18 hour drive). First impression is that is looks outstanding. But then I started to take a closer look. First thing I noticed was a bunch of orange peel. Then I noticed a couple of areas on the bike had excessive clear coat runs.
wtf.gif

Also noticed that XXX fukked up my Kanji on the clutch side, yup it's backwards.

These are all things that I can live with. Tried to start her up but no go, battery was dead. Kinda expected that since the did have it for 6 months. So me and Scott pushed her on the trailer and off we go back to Ohio.

When I get home, I start looking even closer as I am getting ready to tear it down. Why tearing down a freshly chromed bike? Well pushercg's mirror mod isn't working and the dumbazz didn't know how to install the undertail. The new undertail takes a different tail light assembly than what I had before so I've got to wire up the new one. Took the hump off and find out that the only thing holding the tail section on is the franken bolts. Where is the rest of my fukkin hardware??

Took around to the front of the bike and something on the mirror caught my eye. Shid's peeling and I havent even ridden it yet.

View attachment 1355025

Peeling off of both mirrors. And guess what else is peeling?? Yep, the inner panels. Both sides.

View attachment 1355026

View attachment 1355027

Then I go and unwrap the undertail that XXX didn't install and find this..........

View attachment 1355028
View attachment 1355029

Pools of clear coat. What happens when clear coat pools like that? It peels off and takes everything w/ it.

So now my inner panels are ruined, pushercg modded mirrors ruined. One other thing, I had all of my fairing bolts painted black to match the frame. Now, every one of them have been jacked up and the paint has been partially scraped off. They were perfect when I took the bike up and had been for a little over a year. Oh and I have no push pins for the undertail, they were there when he took the old tail off so why dont I have them now??

It's a good thing I dont live in WI, I'd be in jail by now.

I just want to go out and kick the bike over and drag it out to the burn pile.  
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

edited language-proffesor

guns.gif

guns.gif

Man, after all that I'm glad you finally got you bike back. Thats crazy. What a way to run a business.

Dear Sam

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Your inconvenience was extreme.

Bless you, dude!

You should look into hiring a lawyer.

Man, I really feel for you!

This is unbelievable! How can those retards sleep at night knowing what they did to a perfectly good 'Busa?

crapola...... bad enough to wait but having to get all this redone correctly is going to be $$$ by the time you figure "undoing" all the damage...

I would first see if there is any way to get a round of parts to replace what they did (from them)

This could have been a great chance for a small business to ring their own bell.... quick turn around and good quality would come back to them.. Third rate service and lousy workmanship is doing no one any good...

Dear Sam

I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Your inconvenience was extreme.

Bless you, dude!

You should look into hiring a lawyer.

Man, I really feel for you!

This is unbelievable! How can those retards sleep at night knowing what they did to a perfectly good 'Busa?
I've thought of the lawyer thing but I only paid for the rearsets to be chromed so I'm only out $330. I dont see how I have a case
dunno.gif

crapola......  bad enough to wait but having to get all this redone correctly is going to be $$$ by the time you figure "undoing" all the damage...

I would first see if there is any way to get a round of parts to replace what they did (from them)

This could have been a great chance for a small business to ring their own bell....  quick turn around and good quality would come back to them..  Third rate service and lousy workmanship is doing no one any good...
At this point I'm pretty well fukked. Gonna have to find fairings and try to sell the ones they did worked on.

Back