I feel like I'm losing my mind

coming out mic GIF

For years I have been anti-cruiser. I didn't like the feel or look or that ridiculous straight pipe "look at me" exhaust everyone felt the need to put in them. but for some reason the last year or so I have found myself taking second looks when I'm wondering around dealerships, or considering a demo days event to go for a quick ride just to see. I tend to stop myself cause I have poor impulse control and it's just safer if I don't ride one. Last year the simplistic approach to the honda phantom, basically a matt black shadow 750 was really appealing. I don't know why but I really liked the look. I stumbled across this in a dealership last weekend and literally stopped in my tracks to check it out. I wasn't looking for a bike, I wasn't there to look at bikes, I was doing a really good job of walking past all the fun new toys and not pay attention to them until this peeked around the corner. Stupid Yamaha. Anyways, I figured this crowd would understand my current dilemma. that and if I have to suffer I wanna bring others with me :whistle:

View attachment 275920
All I got to say is ride one. Completely different ride.

I know this feeling. Neighbor moved in with a Yamaha Bolt R-Spec, I thought, hmmm looks pretty cool for a cruiser, nice and compact. Having already bought a Yamaha T7 for dirt roads I was being lulled. Then I checked the specs, A 942 cc air-cooled V-Twin engine powers the Yamaha Bolt produces 65 horsepower. Yeah right, just enough to get me into trouble but not enough to get me out.

YAMAHA Bolt-s.jpg

Back