I dont have a Busa yet, but close to it

jaybusa

Registered
Here is my delima, Im 32, 6'5" 220lbs. I've been researching motorcycles for over 7months now. Ive looked into sportbikes, sport touring, you name it, but because of my size it is impossible to find a bike that fits. Until a friend of mine let me sit on his Busa. I've to the dealer about 7 times. It fits perfectly. Now, I've heard about all the power, so I went to a MSC, I've been riding a neighbors bike to as practice. I talked myself out of the Busa for a month, because of the power, but because the selection is slim for my size, I'm back. I read alot of what you guys said about Busa being and not being a first bike. Now I agree with staying within my limitation but what about size and comfort.

If not a Busa then what, cause I've been on the SV600, SV1000 and I swallow those bikes. I was looking at the BMW K1200rs but the price is horrible. I can pay less for a New Busa than I could for a 1998 K1200rs. If not a Busa then what.

welcome to the board. I just left Hawaii myself and yes you have a difficult dilema. The thing is Busa's are torque monsters, and not to mention heavy. Without good riding skills/experience, your first trip could be your last. But on the other hand you control your destiny in your wrist (throttle control). As far as other bikes to try with your frame i willlet the other members field that one. Good luck and let us know what you decide. And by the way the members will want pics....
biggrin.gif

Here is my delima, Im 32, 6'5" 220lbs. I've been researching motorcycles for over 7months now. Ive looked into sportbikes, sport touring, you name it, but because of my size it is impossible to find a bike that fits. Until a friend of mine let me sit on his Busa. I've to the dealer about 7 times. It fits perfectly. Now, I've heard about all the power, so I went to a MSC, I've been riding a neighbors bike to as practice. I talked myself out of the Busa for a month, because of the power, but because the selection is slim for my size, I'm back. I read alot of what you guys said about Busa being and not being a first bike. Now I agree with staying within my limitation but what about size and comfort.
Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Go get a busa!! If you know how to ride a motorcyle... then you can always adapt to the Busa! It's not a monster out to get you...
wink.gif
Respect the power of the bike, be mature with the throtle, wear some good riding gear ... and you will be just fine!!

So... when do we get to see pictures of your new Busa mate
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Go get a busa!! If you know how to ride a motorcyle... then you can always adapt to the Busa! It's not a monster out to get you...
wink.gif
Respect the power of the bike, be mature with the throtle, wear some good riding gear ... and you will be just fine!!

So... when do we get to see pictures of your new Busa mate
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Again, Welcome!

I agree with shenoy...

I went from a Honda v45 Sabre (750) to the Busa. I love it!

If you're comfortable riding, go for it. Respect the power that it has and I think you'll be fine.

biggrin.gif

First off, welcome to the board!

I know this will be a sacrilegious suggestion for a busa board, but have you considered one of the big cruisers? They are going to have a lot more leg room than any sportbike out there.

However, if you know you want a sportbike then the busa is certainly a good choice. If you've successfully talked yourself out of getting one for a month due to respecting the power, I'd say the chances of your pulling a dumb squid stunt and killing yourself are pretty low. Yes, the bike has a lot of power - actually an insane amount of power for a first bike - but it only comes out if you let it. At lower RPMs the busa still isn't tame, but its certainly controllable. If you keep it under 6k RPM until you've got a bunch of miles and practice under your belt you should do just fine. Just remember to always respect the bike or it will bite you.

buy it you will love it i am 40 years old 5`11" and about 220 lbs i`ve had mine for about 6 months and it gets more comfortable every ride yesterday i put 320 miles in one day 6 a:m went north for about 70 miles ate breakfast and rode back home no pain about 5 pm took off to south padre island 120 miles round trip by the time i got there i was a little sore but after the first stoplight i felt fine on some open areas i get to about 150 indicated and it is smooth at the islands main strip in traffic doing 25 mph its just as happy all you need is a little throttle control ok a lot of throttle control

Back