yet another forum newb

zbgureshpxre

Registered
Hey.

Got my first busa ('13) a few months ago after riding an '06 katana 600 for about 5 years. I *love* the busa. It's night/day compared to the old bike. Have put about 4k miles on it over the last 3 months. Mostly in TX hill country. I've heard people say the busa can't corner, but I feel far more confident on it than I ever did on the Kat and go much lower.

Anyways, what mods would you guys recommend primarily for twisties? TBH, I don't use all the power it has currently, so don't need to add more ponies in the near future. Although I am looking for "performance" mods. As an example I've been looking at the Bazzaz Traction Control/QuickShifter. But would like to start with something simple/cheap. I'm not super handy mechanically. It took me 3 days just to change the plastic!

Enjoy your bikes!

Last edited:
The best twistie mod you can do is a trackday/weekend supervised by a reputable outfit, I would love to track my girl out in Texas @ COTA!

Rider improvement is money well spent!

:welcome:

Welcome to the madness, you found a great place with a wealth of information available. Respect her she bite...... Ride safe and keep it RSD my friend!

Welcome to the ORG! As far as any upgrades in the twisties, YOU, and your knowledge of your bike, Going from a 600 Katana to a Busa is a huge jump. She will bite if you don't treat her right, don't ever misuse her. treat her right, protect yourself, and make sure you have great tires! Enjoy it and have fun!

Best thing I can recommend is get the suspension set up for your weight and invest in a track day to learn some skills. Welcome and congrats on the new purchase. I too had Katanas, a 600 and a 750.

:welcome:

IMHO, on the street, it's pretty much impossible to use all the power of the Busa. However, the headroom that all that power provides is FANTASTIC! I'm not much for power mods but I can completely agree on the track shools/days and suspension setup.

Enjoy!

Thanks all! I will definitely be doing a track day in the near future. We have a few options for that around here too :) Including circuit of the americas, which I will probably go to.

i suggest regearing...up 3 on the back. also suggest remap if it hasnt been done...maybe a speedo healer to make it accurate....stay away from a tre....and the obvious exhaust airbox mod etc.

Back