I did it. My black beauty of a beast

gsxter

Registered
I pulled the trigger. Got the last new, black 2013 at my local shop on clearance today. Got a great deal. Out the door, tax and reg and fees, I paid little above what a new one, list price would be. Sad thing is, evidently, the next guy who got up later than I did this morning. He paid $5,000 more for a new 2014 also black ;-)

Enough about the deal, it's a great bike. OMG. Already I like how it rides better than my GSX-R600. You all were right. It's gentle, and smooth. Taking the curves, i feel the bike gets me through them with less work on my part. Yah, I can feel the weight, but the transmission and engine are amazingly smooth. Tossing it in curves is fine, and I feel like I over shoot tight curves less.

I took the bike from the lot with just 1 mile on the clock, rounded down from the .1 miles the shop put on it. Amazing. But to get home, i had to take the hilly non freeway home for about 8 miles. Was fun. Had to be sure to keep the revs down for break in. Later went for a 25 miler ride with my g/f and her brother, also moto heads. Keeping the busa in third, with winding, climbing roads with 15 to 20 mph curves... it was like a kitten, but gentle giant. Power when I needed it and not complaining. I have her in "C" for now, just for me to get used to it. But man, it's great. I had no idea it would be this smooth.

Thanks all for your advice and feed back.

I chose black, because a white 2013 was sold last Thursday that I had an eye on. But when I looked closer, I think the busa in black and with the graphics and kanji, look really really good. It's growing on me even more. Plus the good/evil light and dark side of the force in contrast to my white GSX-R600 is kinda cool ;-)

Here she is with pictures on the lot, and on my parking pad, and at a gas station.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Great looking bike. Glad you like it but how's the GF like the new back seat?

She's got her own vintage 1978 Honda CB 400A (automatic), cafe'd racer mod bike she likes. We're completely different in bike tastes. I'm the modern racer boy, she's the cafe, old style lover. She won't really be riding on the back if at all. Maybe, but we'll see.

Back