I couldn't  wait...

tounge.gif

Good color choice.
You think you're smiling now, wait'll the first time you wack that throttle!
wow.gif

Very nice. I love the color scheme. Beautiful. Good luck and keep the rubber side down!

What kind of exhaust are you leaning towards?
rock.gif
I'm a HMF fan, but there are many good systems out there!

From my limited (so far) research, I'm leaninng towards a Yosh or maybe the Brock Davidson that comes with the pre-mapped PCIIIR. I'm goinng to wait until about 600 miles to make sure mixtures stay the same. I'm not very familiar with HMF. I think I saw a picture you posted....dual cans carbon fiber? Looked very nice .

Nice looking bike. Welcome aboard and just be thankful you have a wife that actually will ride. Mine wont even SIT on it or the VROD. Geez, sorry bout the rant.

Thanks, vrca. Ii'm very lucky to have Deb. She not only loves to ride, she encouraged me to buy the Busa when I felt guilty about having two bikes. There is one good thing about your situation...you don't have to put that heavy grab rail on; somebody should make an aluminum version.

Heck. I've got no problem with the wife when it comes to bikes. She rides them too. She really likes the vmax. She's looking forward to riding the busa. She's a fine rider too.

Dang, I worked all weekend and couldn't keep up with the board like I usually do so I missed this. CONGRATS man!!!!
biggrin.gif

Now, post up some pics ASAP.
wink.gif

Speaking of pics, here's couple, one humpless, ready for the inaugural ride with wifey-poo. This bike fits me and my riding style perfectly. I immediately felt as I'd been riding it for years
smile.gif

post-6-11762-102_0226.jpg
Ok, I posted a reply before I read the whole thread. I see you've already posted pics. Sweet!
beerchug.gif

How many miles you got on it already?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Thanks, BT
smile.gif
. Sadly, only 30 miles so far
sad.gif
. I went out twice Saturday in 20 degrees with a wind chill in the single digits and learned that my gloves are good but not that good. Yesterday I spent time with her, just checking things out, and took the tail piece loose to get the one reflector nut that I couldn't get out originally
cool.gif
You know, quality time.

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Thanks, BT
smile.gif
. Sadly, only 30 miles so far
sad.gif
. I went out twice Saturday in 20 degrees with a wind chill in the single digits and learned that my gloves are good but not that good. Yesterday I spent time with her, just checking things out, and took the tail piece loose to get the one reflector nut that I couldn't get out originally
cool.gif
You know, quality time.
Hey, I hear ya. I'd love to be puttin' miles on mine today but I just don't have cold weather gear. The high tomorrow is supposed to be around 50 I think. If it gets anywhere near that with sunshine I'm rollin' out. Can't stand it!
drooling3.gif

The quality time is good too, though. I guess inclimate weather is good for something. Gives ya time to rub on 'er a little and do the small things like gettin' that nut out and such. If the warm (relatively speaking of course) doesn't hit tomorrow I'm thinkin' about doin' a little bodywork on the 10 this week. I'm thinkin' about removing the stock "fender/flap/signals", "shaving" the stock undertail and repainting it. I saw a 10 with this done and it's super clean lookin'. I'll end up having to make/find some sort of turn signals or go with an integrator that puts the signals in the brakelight housing, but that was in the plans anyway. I'll also have to come up with a tag mount. Got an idea or two for that as well.
wink.gif

Anyway, not tryin' to jack yer thread, man. The point was that it sucks not to be able to roll the miles on, but it makes tearing it down for stuff like that easier because you're not missing out on nice riding weather to do mods. That's the only positive thing I can think of to living in a place that has cold winters.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Hey, I hear ya. I'd love to be puttin' miles on mine today but I just don't have cold weather gear. The high tomorrow is supposed to be around 50 I think. If it gets anywhere near that with sunshine I'm rollin' out. Can't stand it!
drooling3.gif

I'm thinkin' about doin' a little bodywork on the 10 this week. I'm thinkin' about removing the stock "fender/flap/signals", "shaving" the stock undertail and repainting it. I saw a 10 with this done and it's super clean lookin'. I'll end up having to make/find some sort of turn signals or go with an integrator that puts the signals in the brakelight housing, but that was in the plans anyway. I'll also have to come up with a tag mount. Got an idea or two for that as well.
wink.gif

Anyway, not tryin' to jack yer thread, man. The point was that it sucks not to be able to roll the miles on, but it makes tearing it down for stuff like that easier because you're not missing out on nice riding weather to do mods. That's the only positive thing I can think of to living in a place that has cold winters.
biggrin.gif
BT, is the rear fender painted on the 10? Painting it sounds like a pretty trick idea. I understand that you are the mod guru
bowdown.gif
My guess is that your ZX10 will be something to behold when you get done with it. I was looking at the rear fender on the Busa, and I think I'll just trim just below the tag bracket like I did on my FZ. Integrating the t/signals maybe further down the line....be cool
smile.gif

drooling3.gif

I'm thinkin' about doin' a little bodywork on the 10 this week. I'm thinkin' about removing the stock "fender/flap/signals", "shaving" the stock undertail and repainting it. I saw a 10 with this done and it's super clean lookin'. I'll end up having to make/find some sort of turn signals or go with an integrator that puts the signals in the brakelight housing, but that was in the plans anyway. I'll also have to come up with a tag mount. Got an idea or two for that as well.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
BT, is the rear fender painted on the 10? Painting it sounds like a pretty trick idea. I understand that you are the mod guru
bowdown.gif
My guess is that your ZX10 will be something to behold when you get done with it. I was looking at the rear fender on the Busa, and I think I'll just trim just below the tag bracket like I did on my FZ. Integrating the t/signals maybe further down the line....be cool
smile.gif
Nah, the undertail is painted to match the tail section but the fender//mud flap that holds the tag/signals/tag light is just black plastic. I've already trimmed the mud flap so that nothing hangs below the bottom of the tag, but I'm shooting for something like this.
wink.gif

IMG_0572_copy2.jpg

wink.gif

Back