I ate it today...

Glad you're okay and you're well enough to post about it ... much luck in getting back on the road soonest!!

Glad to hear you're ok man. Sorry about the bike.
Charles is the man to have backing you up!

Well I dropped the ball boys, I left the camera at home
mad.gif
mad.gif
grrrrrrrrr

I'll try to swing over to Busahaya's crib to post those pics tonight.

He went down on the first right hairpin on South grade. We think it was a little to much throttle with cold road, maybe a little oil/change in road surface, and almost worn stock tire. The tire was definately hot. Funny thing was we had chatterbox and I heard him transmit "Charles I'm slowing down", I said "We'll meet you at the top" Found out later he actually said, "Charles I went down" Oh well, so much for comunication
tounge.gif

I PROMISE I'LL GET THE PICS UP SOON!!
wink.gif

mad.gif

BusaHA! I got your voicemail on my cellphone and I sent you a message from this site instead to let you know I'm down in SD with my GF again.

Sorry to hear about the LS. Glad you're okay. Man, we just keep on missing each other for the ride. I was going to propose the weekend after Valentines Day too.

Are the fairings cracked/chipped/thrashed? If they're just scratched, I'm going to send my own scratched fairings to my sister's BF's bodyshop for buff out and repaint, I'm sure I can throw yours in for just the price of the paint itself only.

Really, glad to know you're okay to type about it. Fairing repainting/replacement is ALWAYS better than skin graphing. Give me a call when you get a chance. Take it easy.

Sorry about your scooter man!

I have a new front fairing in my garage. It's gray and silver and I think it's for an 02 or 03, I don't remember for sure. Let me know if you need it?

Usually when you take her to low, it's the front that slides out. If you slid out on the rear, I'd guess you either touched the brake or gave her a little throttle?
Thanks Bro, could you please post some pics if that's allright with you , also as I'm recalling the whole BUBU it might have been that I gave a lil throttle as I went down low as you stated.
If you need that fairing, drop me an email. The fairing is brand new, never been on a bike. I bought it for a replacement on a busa I wrecked a couple of years ago but ended up buying a complete set of plastic off ebay. I still have the fairing in the box though.

busahaya -

Sorry to hear about your accident.

I read it on the board last night, then BA BUSA told me about it today when we went for a ride..

Which btw, I just got home and BA Busa in on his way back home, sounds like he got a heck of a lot of riding in this weekend.

Hope the damage isn't too bad, Rich said you had a small puncture in your right case but he said you were still able to ride it back?

Sounds like almost the exact same thing that happened to my on my 750, I was coming down the mountain and came into a turn that I thought was a regular turn and it swept back into a hairpin. I was already as low as I could go and the bike basically just fell.

Good thing I had high boots for the bike to land and skid on
smile.gif

Glad you are ok….

Glad to read you didnt get hurt .
Also did your new HID recieve any damage ?

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.
His HID is ok. Most of the damage was to the plastics and a small hole in the clutch cover case but it was ridable and he made it home ok.

uploaded_banner.jpg

Man oh man,  Good to meet you Today Busahaya.  Short but sweet unfortunately.  The man was cool as a cucumber,  when I returned to the scene of the slide.  He was just standing around on the side of the road after picking his bike up from the ditch.  At first I wondered what he was doing just standing around.  I thought, man, what a bad time to take a break!  I saw the damaged bike upon further review.  Hope the leg is o.k. bud!  B A busa, charlesbusa and I had a hell of a ride without you though!   Those boys can definitely get up and down the canyons!
You were gettin' up and down those hills pretty good yourself
race.gif

Nelson I've got a list of prices for new plastics from when I crashed an 03. I think I have it at work, when I find it I will get a hold of you or Charles with the info.
wink.gif

Hey B.A. how many miles did you put on your bike this weekend, 1000? 1300? 1500? How does your ass feel?! You are some kind of riding fool! I mean that only in the nicest way.

1281 miles and I'm sure glad to be home. My back is a little sore but I'll be ready to do it again in a day or two.
laugh.gif

1281 miles in 3 days. 427 miles a day. unbelievable! sleep tight! Good luck with the track days.

hmm....good to know that you and your Busa came out relatively unscathed.

Definitely PTL....
wink.gif

Back