I AM the sport bike king

Plunk

Registered
I figured you guys always appreciate the funny stories of people trying to race. Well I didn't even get a race out of this one...

I was out taking back some X-Box games and paying rent this evening. I was on the main street in my little town of 17k people. This white clunker cage in front of me slows down and lets me get along side and some guy leans on the window and yells something and waves. I didn't have any idea who this guy was. So then at the first light we come to, he leans out and yells "Wanna run 'em?" I was completely dumbfounded and thinking he meant the car. So I turned sideways and gave him a really confused look through my open visor and said "WHAT?!?!" Then he looks down at the side of my bike and saw the kanji. Suddenly he gets this really dumb look on his face and then says "Oh, nevermind" and sits back down in the seat like nothing ever happened. The car then promptly slows down and turns off or something. I was really amused and confused. Later on my way home, I saw an R6 parked over where all the high schoolers hang out. I'm thinking it must have been him in somebody else's car and he was wanting a race. I drove around for another 30 minutes trying to find the fool but had no luck. I laughed all the way home.

I live in a small town of 17k where there are less than 20 sport bikes in town. It's kind of funny because everybody knows the bike and just considers me the king of the sport bikes.

hahaha.. good story!
biggrin.gif

Its funny to watch people act all cocky until they realize what they are dealing with
laugh.gif

where is pampa texas.... im orginally from corpus[/QUOTE]

It's up northeast of Amarillo about 60 miles. I'm up in the panhandle of Texas. We get all of the fun. Blistering hot summers, sub zero winters, tornadoes, and hail storms. Up here you learn to ride in the heavy wind very early on :p Which is all the more reason I love my busa more than other sport bikes. She's much more solid in the wind.

ha ha - yep !! Usually people are checking out the bike - then they read the "1300 cc" emblem on the back and they are always -
wow.gif
"1300 cc - HOLY FACK MAN !!! - CRAZY"
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Pop quiz hotshot!: "You pull up to a guy next to a Busa. What do you do? What do you do!?
biggrin.gif

Back