I am on a roll

Rich

Registered
Well I have been trying to do 1-2 mods per day until I get everything done so when the chrome comes in I can get the bearings pressed and assemble. So today I did the Iceman HID mod (w/switch), chrome headlight cover, installed clear turn signals in the nose fairing and installed the nose fairing. It looks pretty good. It took about 2.5 hrs to competed everything including wiring everything into the current harness (make it look somewhat stock). The HID unit is so bright, I can't believe how bright it is. Then I put the hyperwhite (blue in color) for the hi beam and put the switch on for the HID unit. That way during the day I am not wasting the bulb (I guess that is really expensive). I should have the chrome around wed. I hope that is.

Ok, here is a view of the nose installed, the clear turn signals are alright and the chrome headlight cover turned out ok, there are couple of blems in it (my fault).

Nose_install.JPG

Here is a better shot of the nose/headlight cover. I had a couple of scratches on the headlight so rather than buy a new one I decided to go this route, it is not bad.

Nose_install_1.JPG

Here is a pic of the box, as ICEMAN recommended I put it on the ram air tube (I did have to extend the harness wiring). I used some hook and loop adhesive stuff from radio shack, I am also going to get some big zip ties to make sure it does not come off.

Nose_install_2.JPG

Here is the last pic, the best place that I could find for the relay was on the bottom of the ram air tube. I am not done covering the wiring yet.

Nose_install_3.JPG

I may have to get that HID mod or at least put it on the wish list. Every bit of warning that can be given to cagers is probably very beneficial.

Sleeper the cover is like a decal and the top goes on fine and the bottom of it you have to heat gun it to stretch and get all of the wrinkle out. There are a couple of blems in it (my fault) I am going to order another one eventually so I can redo it.

Back