Chromers.  AHHHHHHH

Rich

Registered
I just talked to the chromers and my stuff is not going to be done until the 8th of April. They have had my stuff since the 19th of feb. She said that the rims take like 3-4 weeks, the swing arm takes 3-4 weeks but the department that does all of the small stuff is taking 6 weeks because they are so backed up. But from 19 feb to 8 apr is 50 days. That sucks, I am getting eager to get my stuff put together. I am just about done with frame. So I guess that I will wire up the (Iceman) HID unit, scorpio alarm and the (Iceman) LED's, and install the gas tank and the nose. Then I guess it will be hurry up and wait. I was reading on how they triple dip. I have never had anything chromed so I did not know. They strip, polish, copper dip, polish, nickel dip (3 times), then chrome dip, final polish. I did not konw that there was that much involved. It should be sweet looking though.

Sorry to hear about it. In a sense this is the time of year everyone gets everything chromed. I try to get my stuff off and out at the start of winter. I found a local chromer who is a little more expensive however lifetime guarentee and 12 day turn around. In the future it might be worth it to you to shop around. You probably have some good local chromers that dont have the work load and didnt know it.

JD

Good luck with the delay. Just think tho, it'll be all worth it when you get that mega-blinging bike back together!
cool.gif

I went through the same thing with platecorp.com. Man it was a complete headache, so much that from this day forth I'll pay extra to do the drive in swap drive out thing with local dealers. The get you stuff then have attitude when you want to know what's the hold up. It's all learning experience bro, and like it was spoken earlier you'll forget all about it when the bling bling arrives. I was like 5 years old on Christmas eve all over again.

It'll be worth it once it arrives.

Peace.

bigdawg_platinum.jpg

I got the same story Feb 1 they got my stuff and they say maybe first week in April. Different company I think. If it goes that way it would be 8 weeks they told me 7 so thats not bad.
I need my stuff back its starting to get warm around here.

As the "ICEMANN" sayeth get your chroming done at the end of the regular season...For that matter any major mod...Don't wait until after Xmas you'll get stuck every time...Then your at their mercy...
evil.gif

Ya I know just venting but it will be worth it when I get it all back, I sent like a total of 26 pieces to them, so all of the little stuff is what is taking the extra time.

Back