I am considering HAYABUSA as my next bike. What problem(s) have you encountered?

Also, I've ridden 08 Yamaha R1 in the past and now on Cruiser Boulevard C109R (850 lbs)so weight is not an issue. I want to get back to sportsbike again.

Only problem I've ever had with mine is not spending money on mods.. :down:

The big smile on your face and the wide eyes when you get off make you look a bit strange to normal people who dont understand why we like fast bikes !!!

Gen1 2nd gear problems and stock brakes are at best OK.
Gen2 better stock brakes.

Other than that both bikes will be what ever you want to mod them to be.

I cant seem to keep tires on mine, if I am lucky enough to put more miles on her this year I will replace them again next year. Thats a good thing. LOL Welcome.

I cant seem to keep tires on mine, if I am lucky enough to put more miles on her this year I will replace them again next year. Thats a good thing. LOL Welcome.

Dude I don't ride like I use to or would like to, but I'm down for at least two rears / year. well the one I'm about to install is suppose to go 10K. That will be nice as long as it hooks like it's suppose to.

Problems, issues, and complaints? Sheeesh... where to begin?

I bought a 2007 in March of last year. I've only been able to put about 7000 miles on it so far, on trips to barely 9 of the 11 western states. The storage under the hump/seat is minimal. All I can fit in there is a multimeter, tire plug kit, electric compressor, jumper cables, electrical tape, fuses, factory took kit, craftsman ball-end allen set, vice grips, spare wire, screwdrivers, rags, a flashlight, extra gloves, and spare straps. In order to make it tolerable, I had to install heli-bars, a used Corbin seat, and a ZGST shield. This set me back almost $300. The fuel range is ridiculous. I can barely get to 200 miles before the low fuel light comes on, at which point I only have another 1.5 gallons. Mileage is pure suckage. If I travel at 90 mph, I barely get 46 mpg. If I'm on mountain roads where I average more like 60 mph, then I barely get into the mid-50's, with an all time high of 58 mpg. This is unacceptable for a bike that supposedly puts out 175 hp to the crank. Speaking of power, this thing is overrated. If I'm lazy, in 6th gear, going 60, it takes over 2 seconds to pass a car. I wish I had to down-shift more. They say it'll do 186, but I whacked it open once in the desert and barely got to 160 before I chickened out. It's not confidence inspiring at all. The worst thing is, in all my travels so far, I only met two other guys (in Buena Vista Colorado) on these torture machines. I could tell that their grins were totally painted on. I'd rather ride a bike that I see often, at every gas stop if possible... you know, like a Gold King! Speaking of torture, 600 miles is my daily record so far, but it wasn't bad, so I'm going to have to try harder to be more uncomfortable this year. One shouldn't be able to ride all day without discomfort. It's not right.

Whatever you do, don't get a Hayabusa.

Tires!! If you like twisting the throttle have stock in tires.
Average tire life, 3200-3500 on rear and about 4500-5000 on the front. No burn outs.

Dude I don't ride like I use to or would like to, but I'm down for at least two rears / year. well the one I'm about to install is suppose to go 10K. That will be nice as long as it hooks like it's suppose to.

Its the Q2's Robert. We rode to the Bash last spring on them new, then to 4 Corners last September, just over 5k miles in two trips. I am going with the Pilot Road 3's this time. Should hold me for 8k or so.

I just bought a PR3 six weeks ago, and the Avon is just about done, so the PR3 is going on. Paid $177 TMD too. Least amount of money I've ever spent on a rear tire.

I just bought a PR3 six weeks ago, and the Avon is just about done, so the PR3 is going on. Paid $177 TMD too. Least amount of money I've ever spent on a rear tire.

Great minds think alike, I plan to order mine next weekend. Let me know how you like it.

15K out of my Pilot Road 3's. Werd!! :thumbsup:

15K.JPG

15K.JPG

Do you just commute, I'm kinda of sorta aggressive at times. 15K, that's awesome.

Back