I almost purchased an MV Agusta

what do you do ? 60k for a chopper not unheard of..............
60k for a sport bike? i donno kind of dee dee dee......my .02

They sure are pretty ...

slow
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

(notman @ Sep. 15 2006,15:55) what do you do ? 60k for a chopper not unheard of..............
60k for a sport bike? i donno kind of dee dee dee......my .02
The MV Agusta F4 (last year I came close to buying one for around $22,000) does not cost $65,000 or close to it. Infact it cost LESS than most Harleys that are sold with all their additions put on at the dealers. On another point my neighbor down the street has a Goldwing (06) that has $24,000 in  
SHOCKED.gif

The 05 Tamburini shown in the picture above is the $43.000.00 Limited, 300 made and SOLD OUT!!!

The Base models can be definitely be had for around $22,000.00.

okay, so it eeked out a couple more MPH than a 1k at a top speed event... not worth another 10k TO ME [emphasis on to me]

MV simply copied Hyosung's designs
2005-Hyosung-GT650Ra.jpg

I don't Think SO!!!  unless the similarities are the fact that it has 2 wheels, and bodywork, Oh wait! Most sportbikes DO!!!  

Thats like comparing Gucci to K-Mart!!!

or

Hyundai Tiburon to Ferrari 360 Modena!!!!

DEFINITELY Not the same thing!!!!

heheheeh I know... I was just messing. Actually, if you look at the Hyosung, looks like THEY ripped the nose section from MV. I smell lawsuit!
biggrin.gif

(WWJD @ Sep. 15 2006,18:43) heheheeh I know... I was just messing.   Actually, if you look at the Hyosung, looks like THEY ripped the nose section from MV.  I smell lawsuit!  
biggrin.gif
That was Slightly brutal,
But honestly, Bikes like the MV Augusta Tamburini Ltd has a tendency to Bring out the Materialistic jerk in a lot of us.  It's definitely and un-neccesary WANT!  

Unfortunately, I have to get back to working on my retirement plans, so a $43,000.00 bike may never be ralistically justified in my financial plans.  

Bikes in general tend to fowl up the concept of Investing and Compound Interest.

But they SURE do bring HOURS and HOURS of Smiles, Joy and Excitement!!!

(WWJD @ Sep. 15 2006,08:18) oh it's "cute" and all, but doesn't even measure on to your standard SUZ 1K in comfort, power, feel, brakes, steering.... oh well.... it's Cute.... like a high maintence trophy wife.... worthless at mose everythying except looking good
+1000...Thank you very much...

(hydrabusa @ Sep. 16 2006,00:02)
(WWJD @ Sep. 15 2006,08:18) oh it's "cute" and all, but doesn't even measure on to your standard SUZ 1K in comfort, power, feel, brakes, steering.... oh well.... it's Cute.... like a high maintence trophy wife.... worthless at mose everythying except looking good
+1000...Thank you very much...
Let me get this straight!

You guys are of the opinion that Bikes and Wives,

Must be CHEAP and UGLY, to have value, or to perform and function acceptably.

DO your Busas and Wives know how you FEEL???

I have to SERIOUSLY DISAGREE with your line of thinking!!!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend,

I think I'm going out to Buy an MV Augusta TODAY!!! and go for a ride with my BEAUTIFUL Wife!!!!!!!

post_6_03529_F420100020Tamburini__Small__1_.jpg

Awesome bike the MV Agusta ... Congrats if you truly go get one.

22K sounds good but 43K sounds insane. I could afford either but no way would I do it. Would rather spend the money on a new GMC Yukon XL for my beautiful wife n kids.

You could have 4 new liter bikes for the price of one of those. What would you prefer?

Beautiful bike though... very beautiful and truly bada$$ Just not worth the extra $$ in my book.

I'm not married - which is why I'm "allowed" to say whatever I want about wives
biggrin.gif
Tell ya what though, being single lets you OBSERVE a lot more things than people care to admit

(ozz @ Sep. 14 2006,16:44) good call    to much cash for thoses babys and the busa will out do it anyhow    besides,  way better crowd around here,  well, with the exception of maybe greyrocket  
poke.gif

You can brush up on what the MV agusta does better on the latest issu of SPort RIDER.
For the record, the start at 24k not 43k.
They cost less then a ducati 999s

(hionbusa @ Sep. 18 2006,19:09)
(ozz @ Sep. 14 2006,16:44) good call    to much cash for thoses babys and the busa will out do it anyhow    besides,  way better crowd around here,  well, with the exception of maybe greyrocket  
poke.gif

You can brush up on what the MV agusta does better on the latest issu of SPort  RIDER.
For the record, the start at 24k not 43k.
They cost less then a ducati 999s
As mentioned earlier, the $43,000.00 price tag was for the 05 Tamburini Limited, which is shown in the posted Pictures, we've already established that the base models can be had at $22k +.  Check the Web site here for additional info: http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-1000S_06.html

and http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/F4-1000_Tamb.html

for the Limited

(MoosesBusa @ Sep. 15 2006,13:05) I like the single sided swingarm and the exhaust. Not worth the kind of money they ask for them. Sorry but NO street bike is worth paying that kind of money for IMO. Then again I don't make SERIOUS jack either. Perhaps my perspective will change when 40K isn't a lot of money to me anymore...
hey i ll pay 40k for this street bike
pirate.gif

020404top.jpg

Back