Hump Protector

What about one of those clear tank protectors? It should wrap around the top of the hump to protect it and not be too obnoxious to see

they have bags for the passenger seat. I have one about $75. Expands to hold quite a bit. I can fit 4 Q of oil, filter, filter cup wrench, K&N air filter (out of box), rotor lock, wallet, cell phone, big can of cleaner/polish, and chain lube (last trip to shop). Also when not storing stuff it zips up and function as the rear seat. Could probably fit your back pack in it, so u can take your stuff with you when you reach your destination. Type 4 for 08-09 busa
The Cycle Guys Online Store

Looks like he does make something similar. At least I think that's a cover on there.

rich%20busa1.jpg

Last edited:
the scratches on the hump are uglier.

I 'd rather send the hump to get painted than run around with that thing on my bike... if it's for when the bikes in storage a bike cover would better protect the hump.

Doesn't help that the web site admin can't even spell. Kinda detracts from the product... I mean, if you want to sell your bike do you post it up in the forums using pig Latin, 1337 speak or gangsta rap? :poke:

my backpack is scratching it.

Can you put the passenger seat back on when you use the back pack or do you need the storage space??? What you carry in the backpack would it fit in a tank bag??? There is a film cover that dealers put on to protect paint that may be cheap an reusable as an alternative to that hump protector...

Hey Thead, you need to see if you can raise up H2Ocaver, think his name is Jason. He lives here in Tampa, he hasn't posted here since 2005 but I've seen him out on the road earlier this year, that's his bike with the padded hump pictured on that other site. You might be able to reach him at the scuba shop.

Back