Hayabusa Case Protector?

never even heard of it personally. must not be THAT important.

$30 bucks for a little piece of titanium....its a must that they sell it for an enormous profit by scaring you into thinking you HAVE to have it, maybe.

The starter kickback issue is real. Most commonly on hot days after riding, stopping for a short period of time, and restarting while the engine is hot. The excessive heat creates current draw issues and the starter kicks back due to not having enough power to turn the engine over. Some of us (including me) have noticed very hard starting on hot days. Usually what happens is people are stuck in traffic, engine temp starts to rise, they shut the bike off, traffic starts moving, then they have issues getting it started again. Or I've even heard of it happening at a gas station on a super hot day. Now. . . As for the relevance of that part, and it fixing the problem. . . Not sure. Never tried one. It might do something to help protect the case, but it's not going to do anything to help the bike start. The only things that will help that are keeping the engine cooler and a battery with more juice.

The starter kickback issue is real. Most commonly on hot days after riding, stopping for a short period of time, and restarting while the engine is hot. The excessive heat creates current draw issues and the starter kicks back due to not having enough power to turn the engine over. Some of us (including me) have noticed very hard starting on hot days. Usually what happens is people are stuck in traffic, engine temp starts to rise, they shut the bike off, traffic starts moving, then they have issues getting it started again. Or I've even heard of it happening at a gas station on a super hot day. Now. . . As for the relevance of that part, and it fixing the problem. . . Not sure. Never tried one. It might do something to help protect the case, but it's not going to do anything to help the bike start. The only things that will help that are keeping the engine cooler and a battery with more juice.

trouble starting, yeah, but has anything ever broken? this thing is supossed to keep somthing or other safe i think

trouble starting, yeah, but has anything ever broken? this thing is supossed to keep somthing or other safe i think

That post was mainly aimed for the people who said they had never heard of starter kickback being an issue. And yes, it could possibly cause things to break if it was bad enough. I've never actually had the kickback issue on mine, but the very hard starting and ALMOST not starting I have had. But the kickback becomes a problem because you have 2 very strong forces opposing each other. Hold them there and then let one fly and I would imagine you could break something. Again, it's never happened to me, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen. But, again, as for how that little piece of aluminum helps the issue. . . That I don't know. . .

It is titanium not aluminum. Very strong and lightweight. Not sure how it werks tho

guys be careful don't go out buy everything you see out there somebody is trying to make some money

I did this mod years back on my Gen 1. If you do a search on the subject you can get more info. It's more of a preventive then anything else. And those that have had a no start in the hot blazing sun you can understand why I did this mod. By the way I've also went 24volt and double fan with wet wetter! Now lets' see what happens this summer!!!

Suzuki made a change to the starter system in 2003. I'd say it is good insurance if you have a 99-02 model. If it is stock and you keep very close tabs on your battery, you shouldn't have an issue. If you try stating it with a low battery and it "kicks back" you could end up with a broken case. I've never heard of it happening with the new design 2003 up version.

Suzuki made a change to the starter system in 2003. I'd say it is good insurance if you have a 99-02 model. If it is stock and you keep very close tabs on your battery, you shouldn't have an issue. If you try stating it with a low battery and it "kicks back" you could end up with a broken case. I've never heard of it happening with the new design 2003 up version.

I agree!! I forgot to mention I have a 02' Busa. And now it's close to be modded up to a 08' model! :laugh:

I know Fish, and I have never once had him mention this ring to me. He know's I ride a Busa. Must be a knew part.

I will give him a call in a bit and ask about his little titanium toy. It could be a part designed with his big bore bikes in mind.

I know Fish, and I have never once had him mention this ring to me. He know's I ride a Busa. Must be a knew part.

I will give him a call in a bit and ask about his little titanium toy. It could be a part designed with his big bore bikes in mind.

Might be a new part for him, but it has been out for at least 7 years.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/62780-case-protector.html
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/12384-common-probs-busas-over-years.html#post177239

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/2639-serious-warranty-question.html

http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=1436401&showprevnext=1

Last edited:
Back