riding jackets with humps

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i've noticed in the pics on the org of members with their gear on i have'nt seen any humps on the back of the jackets?

do the humps really help with aero's, and crash protection substantially more? or are they insignificant?

pre-thanks

The speed humps work amazingly well in the "tuck" position. The reason you don't see that many is that the two piece suits don't usually have one.

I always thought they looked a bit silly on the street myself... sort of like wearing pucks to the grocery store..

my agv leather has the speed hump... def works well with a good tuck

My humps...
w1600193.jpg

Actually, it does seem to make a little difference, especially at speeds, there just doesn't seem to have the same pressure of the helmet.

IMG_4579.jpg

I have a field sheer leather jacket with the speed hump. It works well for me. I wear a back pack part of the time as well and don't have a problem with it.

Don

My hump, my hump, my lovely lady....Oh wait a min.

I have an AGV leather, it has a smaller hump than you would find on full leathers, and to tell you the truth, I can't tell the difference with, or without one. Than again I am 6' 235 lbs, I don't tuck too well, LOL

I have the Joe Rocket Speedmaster... It is a very form fitting jacket that doesn't have any looseness to it. The hump and overall construction is great for aerodynamics. I feel nuch more stable wearing the jacket when running at high speeds..

I only don't like them because I can't wear a backpack, which I do just about all the time.
smile.gif
Hey, Heavy...check out Ogio's new backpack.  They're designed too work with/fit around the hump.  It is a fantastic piece of gear that is insanely versatile and comes complete with a carrier for your helmet.  The build quality is first-rate.  They run about $90.

I have humps on both of my Alpine Stars suits and my Hayabusa Jacket.  I tuck a lot while doing the freeway for extended periods and the back of the helmet fits snugly into the upper plane (curve) further reducing that occasional buffett that comes from rogue gusts of wind.  Additionally, while riding in that position, I can put my helmet's chin on the top of my tank-bag.  It's quite comfortable, but I don't think do-able for those much taller than I am.

IMO, it's definitely a "+".

Scar

I have a pretty large backpack, I don't think I could fit my stuff in one of those Ogio's (I have checked'em out, neat lookin').

Namely a rather large Alienware laptop that goes to work with me every day.

Overall my pack probably weighs about 35lbs. I tried it on with Alpinestars leathers with the hump, it was uncomfy to say the least. Not something I want to do for my 2hr commute to work every day.
smile.gif

I wanted one but read its a great addition for high speed run but causes too much interferrence ( catching or rubbing)when looking side to side.

The hump is fine if you only wear you leather on the bike but if you ever grab it as a jacket and get into car or truck it just doesn't work...
banghead.gif

Back