Hugger Mounting Problem

I have the same Hugger. I built an aluminum bracket to mount the tab on the right side. It was no biggie to do took about 10 min. If I had It to do over again I wouldn't buy this hugger or the last one I had also (the one from ebay NYC parts) I've now spent enough between these two to have added about $50.00 and had a real nice one. If anyone wants a cheap silver hugger I'll sell the NYC parts one for $45.00 shipped priority. I'll give it a few days and then put It on ebay. they sell for $80.00 plus $10.00 shipping. this one has a few rock chips but still looks good. contact at mothka@bresnan.net

I already have it under my bike. All I did was go to the hardware store and buy a piece of aluminum strap 3/4" wide put a 1" 90 dgree bend in then a 1.5 90 after that then I cut it off at 3 inches from the second bend. drilled a 5/16 hole in it down on the end where the tab is. if You look up on the hugger there is a dimple on it drill out the dimple and you will see your bracket behind it. Take the bracket off and drill another 5/16 hole and bolt it all up and the hugger will be straight and not move around.

I have a carbon fiber hugger that bolted to the right side of the swing arm where the chain guard attaches and then used a strip of velcro on the inside of the upper swing arm support to stablize it on the left. It works great.

The hugger pictured above does not look like it is made for or fits a Hayabusa

Kent

I have the same hugger it should have a bracket that goes on the inside on the left side. If not just use some exhuast hanger strap. You can see the 2 holes that the bracket mounts with. Works and looks great on mine. Nice tight fit.

Hey guys I purchased one from Second-Look, and I was hoping that you guys by chance didn't purchase your's through them. Please Let me know!. Also, I have the crowm chain guard ddid any of you guys cut the one on the hugger off?

Back