Hugger Mounting Problem

KoolKat

Registered
<span style='color:darkblue'>Hey Guys,
Got an issue with a hugger that just came in. It connects on the left (facing the rear tire) at the same place where the chain guard is located on the bar.(It had markers and I had to screw the holes myself). On the right side however, on the bar are no holes. Plus, the hugger has something like a 1/2 moon shape lip going passed the bar towards the ground (just in that direction, not actually that long) about 2" I'd say in length. What to do. If any of you have had this issue or know what to do, please do to tell.
This one I can't wait to say: AAAAAHHHHHHHH, that's how:-)

~KoolKat</span>

Mine came with a small bracket that wrapped around the swingarm on the left side very easy and worked great.

If I remember correctly that lip just fits over the swingarm on the right side. I guess it helps even out the shape of the hugger.

Ok...but if it's not mounted the whole hugger can just flop around...
rock.gif

A bracket would have made sense like SAbusa said but no look in that department. I quadruple checked the shipping box already

I thought that might be the case, but mine doesn't move at all. Secure on the left side with screws and the lip over the right. Nothing else to it. Bike rides great and the hugger hasn't moved!

If you need pictures of mine i will try and get some. just a little bracket that wraps around swingarm with 2 screws. You could make it easy.

I'd love to send some pics, but I am away from the bike for awhile. Think JT2 has the same undertail and hugger and may be able to hook you up!

Okay, I lied. I found a pic that shows the hugger. The yellow arrow indicates the connection to the swingarm. Don't know if your hugger is the same type, but . . . Hope it helps!

Slide2.JPG

Mine moves, it slides up the arm and sets the hugger crooked to the tire, was thinking of maybe putting velcro or something to hold it in place. I did put some felt on it becuase after install and a very short ride I noticed it had worn the black paint on the swingarm. So I took it off and glued a thin piece of felt everywhere the hugger touches the arm. This may be why mine moves some.

Here is another angle. From this view...the left side sits fine and is screwed in. The ride side has this "lip" that does not fasten or sits anywhere firmly...plus look at the next pic
rock.gif

Hugger__3_.JPG

I guess I would ask did they send you the right one? It looks like it would fit, but isn't designed for a 'Busa.

Last shot to see if you guys can give me a suggestion...
sad.gif

Notice that the "end" has no place to sit down into, creating a problem pushing on the bar and not wanting to sit down, so to speak, properly.....

<!--EDIT|KoolKat
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090831342 -->

Hugger__4_.JPG

I agree with BBSB, it looks as though they sent you the wrong hugger for your busa. Maybe thats for a 1000 or something. The hugger should wrap around the frame and fit snuggly. looks as if that ine would need some modifications to fit.
sad.gif

i got the same hugger u got dude it phukin suks royal dik that 1/2 moon crap dont work for sheot messed with it for about 1 hour then out of frustration put it in the corner to collect dust that hugger suks mzrsq and bbs's huggers are the real deal i dont know what the freak these huggers are
mad.gif

Back