HP question

Cspradlin

Registered
Had my K11 dyno tuned and it didn't dawn on me till tonight that the specs on the Gen2 said 195.7 max HP and after an exhaust upgrade and TRE and tune I am getting 180.... Am I not reading this right? Not sure how that can be right....

image-694737651.jpg

image-694737651.jpg

195hp is at the crank.
180hp is measured at the wheel.
There will be some hp loss through the driveline, and that is normal and cannot be prevented.
Not every bike is going to make the same hp either, stock or modified.
Different dynos and operators produce different numbers also.

Great! I knew it had to be something I didn't understand. 180 is not bad at all for not making any major mods. Just pipes and PC and a tune job. I just saw a spec sheet from Suzuki and it said 197 and I had a 30 second heart attack. Thanks for the info. Glad to know I didn't get ripped off on a $250 tune.

195hp is at the crank.
There will be some hp loss through the driveline, and that is normal and cannot be prevented.

agreed .. due to ambient temp. humidity etc the same bike and same tuner can get different results on the same bike on a day to day basis as well

agreed .. due to ambient temp. humidity etc the same bike and same tuner can get different results on the same bike on a day to day basis as well

Which is why you should always go by the "SAE" correction factor, not STD like the chart posted in this thread . . .

POWERHOUSE said:
Which is why you should always go by the "SAE" correction factor, not STD like the chart posted in this thread . . .

I'm not a gear head.... But would you say that the numbers in my chart look about right? I have a 2011 with a Brock's full AH, PCV with custom map, and a Healtech x-TRE.
The bike runs great, and I am not really worried about the power, but I am concerned that I may have spent money on , something I didn't get anything out of. I have been reading some of your posts about ECU unleashed, and I think I might give you a call this winter.

195hp is at the crank.

True true....................Teach'em sixpack577 teach'em !!!!!!!

Had my K11 dyno tuned and it didn't dawn on me till tonight that the specs on the Gen2 said 195.7 max HP and after an exhaust upgrade and TRE and tune I am getting 180.... Am I not reading this right? Not sure how that can be right....

Not to be picky...but don't you mean L1, instead of K11?

195hp is at the crank.

Totally true. This is partly why I chose to go to shop other than my local one. The local shop has an older dyno. I was told it read much lower than normal. That only matters if you care about the number though. You could take your bike to another shop with a different dyno and have it come out at 190hp. The real purpose of the dyno is to be a tool for the tuner to tune your bike. As long as your bike runs smooths and everything is tuned properly that is all that matters.

Back