HP Question for you..........I want your feedback!

Should I leave the motor stock or stud it?

• Keep the Motor Stock?

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Stud it, Spacer, ?

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
he is at only 85 psi FP
if he were at 100 psi or fairly close he would see more fueling in the motor at the same boost allowing him to push the psi up just a bit

okay...that is tune...tuner kept FP low and tuned the PC. That is bad tuning if he "thinks" his injectors or fuel system is maxxed.

We both know, FP, timing and actual tune are all part of tuning.

he is at only 85 psi FP
if he were at 100 psi or fairly close he would see more fueling in the motor at the same boost allowing him to push the psi up just a bit
yes, pressure can make a world of difference... The issues we had with running 100psi or higher is that there is just little margin for error if there is a problem.. I like the spray patterns at higher PSI's but things can bite you pretty fast.. I would rather run a larger injector at a slightly lower PSI

if there is anything racing will teach you is that things running at 100% are far less reliable than things running at 75%... on the street? I take the latter..

Last edited:
Leave it stock brother!!! It will be better in the long run. The water methanol will make the motor alot safer as it is and the more horespower you go with the harder it is on other compenents like the chain, output shaft, sprockets, transmission, etc. I think it is more trouble than it is worth just to get more HP. If you were doing those mods and leaving it at the same boost level I would say you would be good but upping the HP is just gonna give you headaches!! Dont do it!!! Plus who wants to break open an almost brand new motor with less than 3000 miles on it!! NO WAY!!!!:firing::firing:

Leave it stock brother!!! It will be better in the long run. The water methanol will make the motor alot safer as it is and the more horespower you go with the harder it is on other compenents like the chain, output shaft, sprockets, transmission, etc. I think it is more trouble than it is worth just to get more HP. If you were doing those mods and leaving it at the same boost level I would say you would be good but upping the HP is just gonna give you headaches!! Dont do it!!! Plus who wants to break open an almost brand new motor with less than 3000 miles on it!! NO WAY!!!!:firing::firing:
I dissagree. Studs and a spacer will yield more SAVE horsepower and alot more fun. There is not a person that owns a turbo stage 1 that has not wondered what another 100-150 hp feels like...IT FEELS GREAT!

everyone who owns a turbo busa has to agree that there is nothing safe about a turbo on their bike the only thing that is keeping the bike "safe" is the tune and overall setup of the bike. Sure the head studs and spacer plate make the motor more safe but that does not rule out the increased stress on the other components that I listed. Yes we all will always wonder what more hp feels like but you have to take all things considered. "alot more fun" isnt always the case and for someone who has already blown up one motor at 240 hp in less than 6 months of having the turbo on the bike should not be looking to increase hp. Learn to master what you have first then move up is my motto don't get to big too fast and as far as I am concerned unless you drag race these bike like I and many others do then anymore than 240hp is just making the bike a dyno queen or trailer queen because unless properly setup with other compenents to hold the power you will never be able to use it. Anyone can sit in a parking lot or ride down the road and say they have 300hp but the real question is can u handle or use it. Just my two cents little buddy.:poke:

Humm, well, I guess we will see what happens. Remember, my motor going out had nothing to do with the turbo system, just a mistake I made a year before. :moon:

id stud and spacer it
that doesnt mean youll need to add more boost but it would make it a lot safer at the lower boost levels also
for instance if you get a tank of bad gas the lowered compression will help with the fuel not being as good and many other aspects with the boost
id lower it and stud it and enjoy it

everyone who owns a turbo busa has to agree that there is nothing safe about a turbo on their bike the only thing that is keeping the bike "safe" is the tune and overall setup of the bike. Sure the head studs and spacer plate make the motor more safe but that does not rule out the increased stress on the other components that I listed. Yes we all will always wonder what more hp feels like but you have to take all things considered. "alot more fun" isnt always the case and for someone who has already blown up one motor at 240 hp in less than 6 months of having the turbo on the bike should not be looking to increase hp. Learn to master what you have first then move up is my motto don't get to big too fast and as far as I am concerned unless you drag race these bike like I and many others do then anymore than 240hp is just making the bike a dyno queen or trailer queen because unless properly setup with other compenents to hold the power you will never be able to use it. Anyone can sit in a parking lot or ride down the road and say they have 300hp but the real question is can u handle or use it. Just my two cents little buddy.:poke:

yes you use it...topped out doing illegal stuff

in mexico

studs will have better holding power...so if you use studs there is less a chance of blowing a headgasket....odds are you will damage the piston if you do blow a head gasket....

without studs....many guys blow heads gaskets....replace the gasket...fix the problem and ride another day.

LOL...AMS1000 lets me control 438hp nicely on the street.

took time to read the entire bit of drivel....you have no clue about what you just typed.

My rule has always been when you have to tear the motor down. Build it back stronger. Everything from the output shaft to the studs and valves etc. As much as you can afford.

do yourself a favor stud and spacer it!! I have an 07 and just went through it tried to run 7lbs and 5 pulls on the dyno and the head gasket was toast!! did the space ,pro mod studs, and head gasket and all is good!! I should have done it in the first place!!! it was a waist of time for me! i'm running a 7lbs spring but when I data logged it at over 200 MPH it was pulling over 9 lbs at 10,800 so it's always better to be on the safe side......

do yourself a favor stud and spacer it!! I have an 07 and just went through it tried to run 7lbs and 5 pulls on the dyno and the head gasket was toast!! did the space ,pro mod studs, and head gasket and all is good!! I should have done it in the first place!!! it was a waist of time for me! i'm running a 7lbs spring but when I data logged it at over 200 MPH it was pulling over 9 lbs at 10,800 so it's always better to be on the safe side......

2 years and almost 6 months later on the post, you grave digger :rofl::laugh:

Back