How's yours running?

Rocketman

Registered
Well - it's been over 4 years on the forum for me and I just broke the 20k mark on my '04 limited. I can't believe it.

I ride a lot and manage my own oil changes and little spifs here and there. I have the dealer do the major services suggested in the manual. My baby has been running rough these past few months so I took it in to the dealer to have the 15k major service done. (a bit late)

I fully expected it to come back with the same roughness thinking it might just be getting old. But - Wow! That valve adjustment, throttle sync, new plugs and the rest of the dealer service - made quite a difference.

I can't believe how smooth and responsive it is. I wish I was able to do those services myself but what a difference it has made.

So 4 years - my bike feels like new again. Here's to 4 more years of good ridin' and good readin' on the Org.

Cheers :beerchug:

My 05 has over 32K. I take her to the dealer for service every 3.5K. She still runs like the day I brought her home :thumbsup:

Glad she's running better! Sometimes it doesn't take much.

I may have the dealer do the throttle sync and valve adjustment, but changing the plugs is easy to do yourself. There are fairly easy instructions in the owners manual. :thumbsup:

bought my baby 4 months ago..........
hd 16190 miles.. now 17400 miles.. dont rdealt cuz of all the problems latley..
but i still love her.................................................:bowdown:

My '06 ran smooth at 35K. Never adjusted the valves performed all other maintenance.

My 11 month old busa is at HPC right now getting the 30,000 mile service. She will turn one year old on the 27th of this month. Greg told me that I will be really happy when he's done with her and I believe it. He's doing pretty much everything to her. Valve adjustment, plugs, etc. He's adding the Cobra Fi2000 to make it run so much better. I am picking her up on Tuesday. She's been there since last Wednesday. The reason for the delay is because we had to wait for the Cobra that we ordered. I will post up pics of her while being dynoed when it's all done. Man, I can't wait to get her back.

Last edited:
It's great to here that your dealer did a good job and that the bike is running better now.:thumbsup:

Hello, I am new to the forum but, I had a question...I was in the twisties yesterday and pulled over with a couple of buddies for a break. when I tried to start my bike up again, while in neutral with the kickstand up, it came on but the engine would not start. I had to play with it a little, putting it in first gear and pushing in the kick stand ignition kill, among other things and it finally started. It was almost as if the bike was fully juiced electrically wise but it would not start. it gave me problems like that throughout the rest of the day when I would shut it off and try to turn it back on. does anyone know about this problem or know how I can fix it? I have a 07 so, the bike is pretty new. I do have a PCIII on it but the map is for yoshimura pipes not akrapovic bolt ons. thanks

kyle:please:

If you prop the tank up and go the left hand side (shifter side) of the bike, there is a wiring connector under there with 4 or 5 wires coming out of it. (Maybe brown color.) It's close to the tank hinge. There is a wire in that cluster that if lose, will let the bike turn over but not start.

Give a slight tug on each of the wires in that cluster and see if any of them are loose. If so, that could be your problem. One of the dealers here yanked ones of those out of mine while doing some work a few years ago. It turned over but wouldn't start. When we checked this cluster, one of the wires had pulled out. Putting it back in, fired the bike right up. If yours is lose, it could behave like you're indicating.

Otherwise, you might want to start a new thread on this and get some visibility on this problem.

Last edited:
Back