How to tell the model of Gen II from the VIN number?

yearh.jpg

how you gonna argue with that.

8th digit in the car business is the engine size in 17 digit VINS! 10th has always been the year in 17 digit VINS!

10th digit from left to right is same as 8th digit from right to left and it's the year. 'A' is a 2010 for cars .
8102dea8.jpg

Do you know if it the same for Busa yet?

You are right, some dealers count from the right !! I guess less numbers to count !! LOL

I think the real question by the OP is how to identify a Gen 2..

I dont think the OP knew the Gen 2 started in 08.

I listed the 5th digit vin check on the engine size in case he had a frame he was looking at.. :beerchug:

I was taught to go right to left cuz whether or not vin is 16-17 or 18 the 8th digit will be the year .
That being said my 09 has a 9 in that place .
Most likely though as somebody else mentioned they went back to a letter code as is case of window sticker I posted above . 'A' is for 2010 for cars . Should be same for bikes but we really need a 2010 Busa owner to verify this .

my 2010 had a "A" and when I bought the extended warranty from suzuki vip it was showing a 1980 motorcycle...LOL... that was a nice conversation with custumer service...
sorry sir there are no 2010 in the US, really ?
you want me to text yo a picture?
sure why not?
did you get it?
dude that is a nice bike,
who and how did your came across to import one?
I;m never mind.. its all good

Do you know if it the same for Busa yet?

You are right, some dealers count from the right !! I guess less numbers to count !! LOL

I think the real question by the OP is how to identify a Gen 2..

I dont think the OP knew the Gen 2 started in 08.

I listed the 5th digit vin check on the engine size in case he had a frame he was looking at.. :beerchug:

My friend,,,, how can i not know that GEN II didn’t start in 2008 ???? I booked my Busa when it was a sketch! But it seems that our VIN system here is different to yours (middle east) and i thought i could find a common way to tell what year the bike is made as we have the black and red Hayabusa here going as 2010 model not 2011 as the US and the Suzuki dealer here asked me for this info! I’m getting an 08/09 and 10 plate pictures from them so I could post it here…. I’ve got ones from the fifth to the eighth digit! Thanks for all the help :beerchug:

Back