How To Remove Exhaust Stains

SSGT_B

Registered
I’ve tried Bresso, flitz , almost every other metal polish with and without a buffer. Anybody get some good tips to get rid of the stains aside from buying a new milk pipe

I’ve tried Bresso, flitz , almost every other metal polish with and without a buffer. Anybody get some good tips to get rid of the stains aside from buying a new milk pipe

View attachment 1600303
You got me there how to clean that....I suppose you tried Never Dull?

Mine is discolored as well and I just live with it as I tried a pile of cleaners and notta….. I even tried a Meguire's product call "Scratch Doctor" and it didn't take it off

I don’t know if you’ll get that discoloration out, it may go all the way through the metal. I would try some 1000 grit sand paper. If sanding cleans it up follow up with white rouge on a flap wheel. For a small job like that a mini flap wheel on a drill would work. On my stainless can on the Gixxer I sanded, then used black compound, then the finer compound. Look up stainless polishing on the interweb, lots of info.

That looks like a microscopic corrosion that can occure in stainless. Not a stain or discoloration. And if it is there's really nothing that can be done about it.

Been experimenting with Tech Shine since you control the amount of product to water mix. Works well but I got a small bottle of Top Coat F11 and it is the real deal No joke! Pricey but is the best thing I have ever used. You can even use it on glass which I think is a waste but you can is the point. Put on the paint, chrome etc. washed or not it is ridiculous. J

Only had the one before pic but even the forks cleaned up it was all bad before! He thought I spent hours on it but I laughed & told him no just a few tricks.

And if you are like me and don’t have a power buffer, wrap a polishing cloth once around the pipe after liberal polish application and “floss” it back and forth for best results

00 steel wool. Be gentle. It will remove them though. Mother aluminum polish will get the rest.

Only had the one before pic but even the forks cleaned up it was all bad before! He thought I spent hours on it but I laughed & told him no just a few tricks.
Wow looks like a good cleaning, I may have to invest in that. It’s crazy I rode my bike one night and when it was by the water for the pics the damn wind blew a mist of water all over it :redface:.
Cleaning is like an uphill battle.

put some aggressive compound on a buffer... let the buffer generate enough heat(enough heat to burn through a clear coat on car)… go ahead and push a lil while using said buffer(a REAL BUFFER not an orbital or a dual action polisher).... if this wont cure it.... nothin will... don't use steel wool/or anything that will enduce scratches.

Back