how to launch

busa186

Registered
looking for a step by step on how to launch. going to the drag strip and would like to at least no flip the bike:whistle:

I am 6' 230lbs. always take off from a rolling start, never get the wheel off either. just looking for some fun at the strip but I guess a couple people have heard of a "hayabusa" and tell me its fast:thumbsup: I would like to confirm that.

the post may seem novice, but I am looking for Rpms, should I expect tire spin? at what point will (if) the wheel come up. I do a great job of study then implement my findings.

Thanks guys!

You sound a lot like me a few weeks ago. I asked this exact same question. My thread was titled wheelies. U cab do a search for wheelies on here and it should come up. Many guys on here will put u down for thinkin about lifting it up but I also got some good info and advice as well. I say go for it if ur truly ready. But not one sec before. Good luck n safety first bro!
Posted via Mobile Device

Not looking to wheelie, looking for info on launching at a 1/8, 1/4 drag. What to know what to expect and what to try for.

Also, what do they mean when they say "front end strapped"
Posted via Mobile Device

Busa186:

I just took my Kabusa out last week to the strip for the first time. My advice is..

Leather coat, pants,gloves, and boots because at our strip if you go over 120mph you have to have them and you will go over 120.

If you can strap the front end down do it... it will for the most part stop the wheelies (so I was told )

1st run don't worrry about making fast reaction time just worry about RPM 4000 first run. Do not just pop the clutch ride it out.
2nd run use what you learned on first run then repete

For me I worked my way up to 5500 and I was still dogging out some. I weigh 250, and first run was an 11.08 at 128, best I did on my 07 was 10.89@130

You will have so much fun just remember it's about practice.. the more you do it the better you will get... I am hoping for mid 10s my second time out.

1ibandit

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Don't go anywhere with gear. Better sweat stains then road stains

What is strapping your front wheel mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Don't go anywhere with gear. Better sweat stains then road stains

What is strapping your front wheel mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

What you do is use a strap to compress your front forks are much as you can. Put the strap on then roll forward hit front brake and pull strap tight a few times.

My friend that showed me the strap uses it on his gsxr600 with nos. Without the strap he can't keep the front down.. with strap he has no problems.

He bought his strap made for his bike... I am cheap I will mod something to make it work... I have lots of ratchet straps...

1iBandit

I've had my Busa going on 4 years, and still have never launched it. I've taken off pretty hard, but never rammed up the rpm, and let it go. I'm sure it's harder than it sounds/looks, or everyone would be getting paid for it. I had some guy tell me "you want to ram the rpm up 2/3 rd's of the way up, then POP the clutch". I was like "yeah, okay buddy, I ain't looping my bike". He said "no, no, no, the tire will spin then slowly grab".......I wasn't going to let some cat at a gas station show me on my bike, and I REALLY wasn't about to be someone's entertainment for the day....No thanks !!

I saw on Superbikes when they had on Ricky Gadson, and he was saying the same as 1iBandit, start at like 4k, then work your way up.

You have to let me/us know how it was !!

"you want to ram the rpm up 2/3 rd's of the way up, then POP the clutch". I was like "yeah, okay buddy, I ain't looping my bike". He said "no, no, no, the tire will spin then slowly grab"

:rofl: he must have one of those 900hp quad turbo gsxr 600's to, but its prolly at his friends house right now, out of state or country:whistle:

I had some guy tell me "you want to ram the rpm up 2/3 rd's of the way up, then POP the clutch". I was like "yeah, okay buddy, I ain't looping my bike". He said "no, no, no, the tire will spin then slowly grab"......

"Whoo-whoo...the Fail Train is coming in...whoo-whoo":lol:

Back