trying to launch

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
Ok im trying to learn his to launch around 4grand before I go to the drag strip and every time I do my bike starts to shake. If I take off regular its just fine. What should I look for to be wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

Also practicing on the street is waaaaaaaaay different then the dragstrip. So really your not achieving anything. Now if you can find a fresh concrete parking lot this would make it closer to a sticky dragstrip. Nothing compares to a fresh coat of VHT on some prepped hot rubber on a concrete 60ft pad.:thumbsup:

No just trying to get used to leaving at a higher rpm iwithout doing a wheelie. I have only done street riding so I have always taken off low. Vigorblue is that welded or a after market one?
Posted via Mobile Device

Also practicing on the street is waaaaaaaaay different then the dragstrip. So really your not achieving anything. ...

With all due respect I think practice will give him confidence and that is priceless once your he is in front of the tree.

Black Diamond - Learn your bike, clutch, launch rpm and go have fun. :thumbsup:

20080905strip2.jpg

4k is about what I was leaving at. Think I was cutting some 1.6x 60' times on the Gen 1. I found the best thing to do was practice on a desolate road. You can get more aggressive on the track, but practicing on road gets you a good feel for it. Start playing with how fast you release clutch/add gas, and you'll get the feel for it.

Ok im trying to learn his to launch around 4grand before I go to the drag strip and every time I do my bike starts to shake. If I take off regular its just fine. What should I look for to be wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

The shaking is from your back torque limiter. The Busa two piece limiter causes all sorts of nasty sounds/shakes under hard launching. It can also cause damage to your clutch, so if you continue to hit the track you MUST replace that back torque limiter. Three options:
1) Welded back torque limiter
2) Billet steel back torque limiter
3) Ultra light billet aluminum back torque limiter

Any of those three will eliminate the shaking. THEN...practice, practice, practice.....moreover...have an AWESOME time!!! :beerchug:

Only that you'll need to learn to downshift correctly to avoid locking up the rear wheel.

I don't remember any shake when I went either time . probly did 20 runs

I don't remember any shake when I went either time . probly did 20 runs

This makes me feel a little better. Shaking during a `launch`, dont sound good, I mean I`m hoping there is not something about this 2nd generation I`m not going to like??? Too early to tell, have not tried it yet.

you're gonna get hooked !:laugh:

This makes me feel a little better. Shaking during a `launch`, dont sound good, I mean I`m hoping there is not something about this 2nd generation I`m not going to like??? Too early to tell, have not tried it yet.

What do you mean by down shift correctly?
Posted via Mobile Device

When you are approaching a light, or in an emergency stop situation, and you down shift, then let out on the clutch to have the engine assist in slowing you down.

With the clutch mod you run a higher risk of locking the rear wheel if you down shift at a higher rpm and use the engine to assist in braking. You can make up for this by using your friction zone and not just dumping the clutch after a down shift.

Same thing applies at the big end of the track. After your clutch mod you can't just chop the throttle and use the engine to brake. You run the risk of locking the rear wheel. I've gotten into the habit of not using the clutch at all. It seems to keep the clutch cooler, which means I get more runs out of it. Down side is I have to do more maintenance on my braking system.

Yes it's a welded one I have one in my Busa and have put them in many others also it will not affect street riding At all let me know if you want it you can call or text me anytime 812-498-5956 Larry

How does everyone feel about the Ultra light from Brocks? Have been looking into that. There are 2 different ones, but one is for more Heavily Modded enigines. Ex. 1441 kits and such..

How does everyone feel about the Ultra light from Brocks? Have been looking into that. There are 2 different ones, but one is for more Heavily Modded enigines. Ex. 1441 kits and such..

It's a quality piece. I have it in mine. You might also look into getting the clutch cushion also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back