Launching

Big K

Registered
At what rpm's is it best to launch your bike. I am new to this and have been trying to practice so that I can take my bike out to thunder valley and not look like a retard.

At what rpm's is it best to launch your bike. I am new to this and have been trying to practice so that I can take my bike out to thunder valley and not look like a retard.

u and me both. i'm sure u will get varied responses. i think the technique is more important than the actual rpm's. for example i am sure lots of riders start at 4 or 5g's then as the clutch lets out or gets close they may dip a little and not even notice it so they are actually launchin at 3 or whatever. pm cap or the professor and maybe they can help u out. i just need 2 quit being a baby and get my azz out there

all depends on your set up, swing arm length, clutch set up, launch control (stu-u-uter box) tire, sprocket size, wheelie bar, no one answer for that? with out knowing your set up. give some details on your bike and you"ll get a ton of info from these cats! :welcome:

When I had my 6-9 arm @ 6" out with a shinko 003 u-soft and strapped front, I could get it to hook at 7500 out of the hole with 10 lb of air or so.

I run 10lb in my shinko and my arm is tretched to about 10 over, and I trip the staging beams at 5grand, then when the lights drop, I try to drop the clutch and pin the throttle. But, there again, I am WAY off of the numbers I should be!!

Back