How to get rid of the visor fog

bigdaddy619

Registered
Whats up all?
I know There are some threads on this already but for whatever reason I cant locate them.

I was looking for some tips on how to prevent the wonderful visor fog .... should I just get some of the anti fog spray? or is there anything else that can be done that will work better?
Thanks for your input !

I just hold my breath when not moving fast
biggrin.gif

didn't read any of these but there should be info in here somewhere

I usually use the search button....

There are alot of different fixes. Some people use dish soap, Rain-X, some spray from different vendors, I use a fog shield. The one for my HJC is made for it and fits into the holes in the front. There is a universal one out there too. I forget who makes it though.

If you have an extra visor you can purchase a lense that stick onto the inside of your visor this work very well, creates a threm barrier best choice for cool weather. Rain X Fog works okay I have it on mine would expect that to work fine for you folks down South in warmer weather.

I was very impressed with the Scorpion helmet they claim their lense doesn't fog, last week at the bike show here in Seattle I tried to fog it up and couldn't. Order the helmet today, heck for $150 shipped to my door I'll give it a try.

I have to agree about dish soap and the Scorpion visor. The clear Scorpion visor will not fog. I have tried everything but that thing will NOT fog up.

The rain X anit FOG stuff works pretty good. It makes a huge difference but doesn't last that long. Thats what I have tried. Never dish soap, Yet. I have read here before of guys using that or trying it. That is on my list for next time the lense needs to be re anti fogged!

If you have a Shoei, they have an insert for some lenses that keeps it fog-free.

Also, in some situations, I've found that closing all of the helmet vents helps, because the fog (condensation) occurs when warm breath hits cold air. No cold air coming into the helmet=no fog.

I've tried EVERYTHING except the Fog City shield insert that creates an air space against the visor, that will be next. If that fails, I'm parking it for the season.
pissed.gif

Warm water and a few caps full of vinegar and you're good to go.

Get some mouthwash too!
laugh.gif
j/k Get some chewing gum.

Back