keeping the fog off your visor?

teddypenn

Registered
i got a joe rocket helmet and i cant seem to keep the visor from fogging up. its my 4th helmet, and none of the others gave me any problems at all. i got some spray stuff from cycle gear, but it barely helped at all. anyone got some suggestions?

kml, i saw those while i was googling something to help. i may get one. another thing i saw was a guy "activated" his anti-fog by immediatly fogging up his visor after applying the spray and then wiping clean. i tried it, and it sure seems to work now. ill see what it does on my way in to work in the a.m. ill let yall know how it does.

Did you guys order the Pinlock from someone in the US, or Canada?

OK I found them. :whistle:

Last edited:
Skin divers spit on their lens, rub the saliva on the glass = Fog Free! Yes, I've tried it and it works. No, I have not tried it for a helmet lens, but the principal should be the same is the only way to find out is to try it. No cans of secret formula, no need to pack one more fog foo-foo spray when the finger can do the walking is saying a mouth full. :thumbsup:

I have something at home that works great, ill post link when i get home in the am!

teddypenn,
I have tried the Pin Lock and didn't like it. The top of the insert you put on the inside of the helmet visor passes right through my field of vision and screws it up. PM sent, I have a clear and smoke that I will part with at a discount.

Rain-X No fog. From autozone! Put it on your visor, your cars windshield and your bathroom mirrors. its amazing

Used it to write sexy message on bathroom mirror for my wife. Got lots of play for that one.

If you want a quick easy fix, you could put a small layer of dishwasher soap(liquid) inside the lid. When we use to play paintball back in the day, this is what everyone would do to stop the fogging.

Do you wear anything to direct your breathing down and away from your visor? In cold weather I wear a baclava(spelling?). It helps tremendously.

thanks for all the info guys :thumbsup: i do wear the baclava (most of the time) but it seems to make it fog up more. i tried the "activate" method, and it worked pretty well; just had to crack the shield thru the neighborhoods. maybe i should just buy a better brand of no fog, instead of the 5 dollar bottle i picked up at cycle gear. i just dont understand why my other helmets (cheap kbc, and scorion 400) didnt have any problems. i expected more outa a 250 dollar helmet ???

thanks for all the info guys :thumbsup: i do wear the baclava (most of the time) but it seems to make it fog up more. i tried the "activate" method, and it worked pretty well; just had to crack the shield thru the neighborhoods. maybe i should just buy a better brand of no fog, instead of the 5 dollar bottle i picked up at cycle gear. i just dont understand why my other helmets (cheap kbc, and scorion 400) didnt have any problems. i expected more outa a 250 dollar helmet ???

Ha a $800 Arai will fog up also!

Back