Face shield advice

Tervlover

Registered
Has anyone used the Nikwax Visor Proof Spray on Rain Repellant for the outside of their face shield?  I'd like something that has the same effect as Rain X on my car windshield, but Rain X supposedly isn't good for plastic.  Does the Nikwax work or is there something else?  Also, what do you use for fog?  I have Fog Off spray and an anti fog cream, but that seems to work for a short amount of time.  As they do for hockey masks, I tried a drop of baby shampoo on the inside and that seems to work but it's too messy and soapy if I'm not careful.   Any ideas for both situations?

For the inside the best is a tiny bit of washing up liquid..or use a potatoe the same way..Don't laugh..it works..

Outside use any type of rub on wax...

<!--EDIT|bigdr
Reason for Edit: "Can't spell"|1141282793 -->

I think there was something called "Fog Off". Seriously....

Can't say I've tried it, though. I usually just turn my head a little bit to one side so that the windforce gets the droplets outta the way.

Try Plexus...
Inside and out...
Works great as a cleaner and leaves a good wax film...
And makes a good anti-fog also...

David

Shoei now makes a "double" shield--snaps in with pins, and is supposed to be fog-free. Of course, gotta have a Shoei.

Shoei_Shield_JPG.JPG

Carnauba (Mothers) on the outside and a fog shield on the inside! I just got one of the hyperoptix shields for my new Corsair and it is fog free down to 26 degrees (no idea what the wind chill is at that temp) that I know of.

I always used a little bit of lemon scented dish soap for the inside of the shield. Rub it around with a cloth til it's all gone. Should work for a bit. Outside surface of the shield? RainX.

RainX works great on your clear visors. It rocks, there isn't any problem. I've had great luck with Rain X despite the warnings about do not use on plastic...

Try a small area first. But it works great.

Back