Okay, I've had it-cold no problem, BUT

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
pissed.gif
rant.gif

ANYONE use a commercial product that NEVER fogs? My first cold season, want to ride, have all I need to keep warm but can't friggin see with the visor closed for fog! I know, I know, I've read "crack the visor open"- NO, it defeats the whole purpose if you have a frozen nose and face! I've tried RainX Anti-fog, Scott's anti-fog, several others to no avail. So, no BS or "I've heard" crap:

Has anyone used a commercially available product that absolutely NEVER FOGS your helmet visor?

Okay, rant off- I want to ride, but lack of vision seems a really quick way to die on a Busa.
sad.gif

Help??
rock.gif

I know...

Beating_a_dead_horse.gif

I can't comment on any products, but if you ride a lot in cold weather you might want a high quality helmet. My Shark Racing helmet never fogged even in 20 degree weather with the visor closed. My glasses would fog up constantly and I thought it was the visor, when I took my glasses off the visor was clear as day and I realized it was my prescription glasses.

i have a rf1000 the breath guard works good unless you weare glasses then it causes them to fog more.

my RF-1000 fogs up with the breath guard, but if i just poke my head above the windscreen. BAM perfectly clear

delete_018.jpg

a bacala that covers your mouth nose and neck will help a bunch yhey sell a universal anti fog insert for helmets somebody wrote a positive review on them last year maybe iceman or rythem ? my vemar cf helmet has anti fog shields standard it never fogs up , i can leave the helmet outside and it stays fog free

I've found that all the "Breath Guards" I've tried in both Arai's and Shoei's actually make it worse...

One product allways works... "FOG CITY FOG SHIELDS"

Follow the directions and you'll be good to go. They really do work!

I have a visor just for cooler seasons witha fog city mounted and it works great.

If you are having that much trouble.
Buy a HJC CL-15 or similar with the heated snowmobile shield.( 200 dollars)
You'll need to wire your bike with a outlet, but you won't fog -up anymore.

Shibumi,
Hear is a easy, and cheap solution that works great. Rub liquid dish soap on the inside of the screen. Works better then expensive antifog solutions and smells great too. Use your hands rubing it in and if it's too thick (it will appear blurry) then thin it out with some water on your finger tips. To test take a huge breath and blow as hard as you want from point blank. Nothing will fog if you've done this right. It is also used by professional hockey players on the ice for face shields.

** also keep your helmat in the garage so it will take less time for the lid to cool to meet the outside temp.
good luck
beerchug.gif

well I haven't tried it on my visor but I know it does wonders on my scuba mask. It may sound gross but I think it works

SALIVA

spit on the inside of the visor and smear it around with a cloth and wipe it off. It keeps my scuba mask from fogging like mad.

dishwashing liquid.

put a small amount on inner visor. buff cleanly and completely. Works like a charm. No fogging. I guess there's an agent in dishwashing liquid that displaces water/fog.

(Revlis @ Oct. 22 2006,12:54) I've found that all the "Breath Guards" I've tried in both Arai's and Shoei's actually make it worse...

One product allways works... "FOG CITY FOG SHIELDS"

Follow the directions and you'll be good to go. They really do work!

I have a visor just for cooler seasons witha fog city mounted and it works great.
+1 on the Fog city products. I have a clear one on my smoked shield and one of the Hyper optiks ones on my clear shield. Work awesome, you just need to be real careful not to scratch them. They are a lot touchier (scratch prone) than the Arai shield I have em mounted to. But since its on the inside you just need to be careul when cleaning or handling and your great.

Either use dish soap or spit on it, that's what I do for scuba masks and visors on the inside of wingsuit flight helmets.

If you can't bear to hock a juicy one on the inside of your visor you could always spring for a bottle of scuba anti-fog. If you ask what brand you're going to get as many differing opinions as a TRE question, but they all work decently well. An instructor sized bottle of 500 PSI or Sea Gold or an equivalent from your local dive shop will last you the rest of your life.

P.S. The key to good performance, no matter what you use, is getting the whole visor surface area covered and rubbing it in GOOD, use some elbow grease and get it on there good. Make sure there isn't even the slightest bit of tackyness to it.

Anyone use Pinlock shields and fog lenses? WebBikeWorld tested them and said a steam kettle couldn't fog them- sounds pretty good!

Back