how to figure jetting ?

chevelle

Donating Member
Registered
is there a link or a table to figure what jets are needed to maintain a specific output with different pressures

example 950 lb's with 2.026 jets = x amount of power

with 800 lb's of pressure,what size jets would be required to maintain the same output

as the seasons change bottle pressure is not so easily maintained,and i would like to try tuning to available pressure,rather then putting the heater back on

any thoughts on this welcome

Have you thought about using a regulator to maintain the pressure slightly lower and then tune accordingly?

I’m thinking about adding nitrous but my list of parts to make it work keeps getting longer.

Basic dry shot kit w/2lb bottle
Throttle position switch
Controller - Progressive with gear selector input maybe
RPM window switch
Fuel controller to richen – Fast FI maybe
Regulator
Bottle heater and controller
Spare 2lb bottle
Hump mount bracket kit
20lb bulk storage bottle and fill line.

i am not sure if i follow,are you referring to a pressure pro....i just picked one of those up for the other bike,that has the oppisite problem,too much pressure (bottle is on the arm,in front of the tire)

thats quite a list you have there,all good stuff,but i would start as basic as possible,the btc box (a&j) is nice if you can find one,i like mine,no fat map,pick the gear,flip the switch and twist it

i had a 2 dial on my bike for a year,but came to the conclusion it wasn't doing much,i just pulled it and the safety solinoid off the other day

a few more things for your list,clutch springs and slave support (if you don't allready have them)

a top shelf chain and BIG SPROCKETS i can't emphisize that enough,the bike will go straighter on the hit

i just use a simple button on the other bike,for peace of mind
IM000782_edited.jpg

Maybe Goldenchild might know but I was going to say a pressure pro.

Put heater back on with a psi switch inline or get a small propane heater to get optimum psi when your in the lanes...

i have all that stuff,heater,automatic pressure switch,the whole nine yards,but on a street bike,it's just a pain in the neck,this past spring when it stopped working,i was glad to rip it out,i thought the ellement went bad,but it turned out the relay was the problem

i don't want to put it back on,i would rather just re jet to available pressure

PRESSURE WILL CHANGE CONSTANTLY GONNA BE HARD TO DO WITHOUT SOME WAY ON KEEPNG PSI RELATIVE TO OUTSIDE TEMPS.tHEY CHANGE AS YOU RIDE DOWN THE ROAD..LMK IF YOU FIND A SOLUTION

(chevelle @ Sep. 29 2006,11:08) i am not sure if i follow,are you referring to a pressure pro
Yes, the pressure pro is what I'm talking about. http://www.psi-pro.com/

Just tune accordingly for a lower bottle pressure. If the bottle is always above 750psi, set for 700 and you’ll still have 700 when the bottle is hot and @ 1100psi.

Hey Goldenchild the pressure gauges I got for us is the same one that they have on that pressure prop site.

Back